Game Film and Advance Map Review

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game Film and Advance Map Review

A couple of features I've thought of:

1. A really cool feature to add to the game would be a game film that is reviewable after the game is over. I've always wanted to go back and see what others did in the game out of my sight.

I do see the drawback of it revealing very clearly the gold usage of everyone. Or maybe that's a plus?

If a detailed playback is undesirable, what about an overview, just showing army/navy groups without their individual units or strengths, provinces changing hands, etc.

2. I have always wanted the ability to look at a map before joining to see the resources, starting units and infrastructure, and terrain of all the provinces. Ideally, instead of the mini-map showing what countries have already been selected, a full sized map would show that plus give the ability to see the map details. It would help players decide if they really wanted to play or not without having to join and then quit the game.
    • My understanding is when someone wins the game if you log back into the game it will tell you the game has ended and show you the troops of every nation left and where they are. And I think all provinces that are captured or traded is shown via the newspaper you just got to take the time to go through it

If every body could see the map in such detail I think it would take a lot longer for server to fill up and actually start the game but might decrease the number of players that go inactive at the start of the game
    • Vlanchavic, I think the ability to be able to preview the map in detail (resources, starting units, terrain, etc.) would have little to no effect on filling up the server. As things stand now, I can only see that certain countries are already taken and others are available. If I could see more, maybe I would take 15-30 minutes longer to choose, but that doesn't slow the game filling up, it simply slows my own choice. And countering that is the knowledge that if I delay too long someone else might choose the countries I am considering.

What it will do though is prevent me joining a game just to be able to see the map, or quitting soon after joining because I don't like the details I now see.

Actually it isn't necessary to preview the exact instance of the map that is about to launch. All that is needed is for a copy of each map to always be available for inspection, by anyone at anytime. Then anyone could look it over whenever they liked without impacting the launching game at all.
    • Even a much more brief "preview description" might help players who are in the mood of playing a new game to try a new strategy. Something like "4G 3F 2M 2O" which shows the resources in the core provinces.

Then, at least, you will not have to face unpleasant surprises AFTER picking a country. And it would certainly lower the number of the players who just enter a game to inspect a map.
    • I created a spreadsheet of EVERY countries resources for the 100 game (what resources were in cities and in provinces and which were double provinces and which continent) ...It took a while and did it over time. Then I sorted it to put at top the ones which start with +2 oil and +2 rares. These are the countries I go for as these are the resources I desire. If I am playing with some friends, I can look up quickly and help them pick out good provinces as well. It works well.
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • ike53 wrote:

I created a spreadsheet of EVERY countries resources for the 100 game (what resources were in cities and in provinces and which were double provinces and which continent) ...It took a while and did it over time. Then I sorted it to put at top the ones which start with +2 oil and +2 rares. These are the countries I go for as these are the resources I desire. If I am playing with some friends, I can look up quickly and help them pick out good provinces as well. It works well.
      I want that spreadsheet!!! :D ^^ :P :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

ike53 wrote:

I created a spreadsheet of EVERY countries resources for the 100 game (what resources were in cities and in provinces and which were double provinces and which continent) ...It took a while and did it over time. Then I sorted it to put at top the ones which start with +2 oil and +2 rares. These are the countries I go for as these are the resources I desire. If I am playing with some friends, I can look up quickly and help them pick out good provinces as well. It works well.
      I want that spreadsheet!!! :D ^^ :P :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
      Surprising the 2 best are N. Sudan and Saudi...If you have a partner and you each take one...you would be very hard to beat! 2 oil, 2 rares, partial defense by water, a city on the water, control of the Red sea...a couple of bot neighbors to help initial grow...
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • I made mine with several columns. 4 for the city and their resources and 8 for provinces and their resources. Then made the ones bold if either a city or province were on water.
      Then I tried to come up with a point scheme for value, such as a city on the water is worth 6 while a resource province on the water 2. A oil province is worth 1 (everybody gets at least 1), a 2nd one is worth 4...things like that.
      So once you have it all mapped out and have given values to everything all you need to do is sort based on the highest country point value...There are about 12 countries that I play regularly in the 100 game. The rest are for others. LOL
    • BeorntheBold wrote:

2. I have always wanted the ability to look at a map before joining to see the resources, starting units and infrastructure, and terrain of all the provinces
      There is a problem in your suggession. If i can view armies of a neighbouring country before joining a map, it will be overkill for non start when full maps because I will know the position of your troops and would even have taken provinces not containing troops. If you mean no. of troops they are the same for everyone in non historical maps.
    • BlazingInfernos wrote:

BeorntheBold wrote:

2. I have always wanted the ability to look at a map before joining to see the resources, starting units and infrastructure, and terrain of all the provinces
      There is a problem in your suggession. If i can view armies of a neighbouring country before joining a map, it will be overkill for non start when full maps because I will know the position of your troops and would even have taken provinces not containing troops. If you mean no. of troops they are the same for everyone in non historical maps.
      With experience, its the same thing.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader