Fire Control update needs removal or coastal rules apply

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fire Control update needs removal or coastal rules apply

Remove fire control update? 3
        YES (1) 33%
        NO (0) 0%
        MAYBE (1) 33%
        IMMEDIATELY (1) 33%
      Fire Control update needs removal or coastal rules apply.

This is something that I have been meaning to mention for a while now.

In my opinion the new fire control rules are not in the best interests of COW gaming, I am here to now make this a matter of interest to COW gaming and have decided to introduce a poll that I feel gamers and likewise strategists should sincerely consider.

Should the current fire control updates be continual, then there needs to be further considerations made applicable to the current standards. Coastal limits rules should apply and how war is declared.

For example, there may be a sizeable land force that be made ready to disembark upon your nations province(s), this has only occurred because you have turned off your fire control so as to option a peaceful diplomacy, the Navy fire control is now a useless defence option as there are troops advancing on your home province(s) in what you thought was a time of peace, ok so this is a part of strategy and you got played, understood, but if it were that one is to maintain an aggressive fire control near coastal zones, then where is the onus of war declaration on this. It is that when an enemy or potential enemy comes nearby, on a coastline type, they are within YOUR national waters, and thus, the onus of war declaration should be upon them, not the one who is to maintain an aggressive fire control option.

I do not know how a modern navy would perceive land troops advancing directly into their nation, they might see this happen on their binoculars and await orders but unless there is the option to open fire without the burden then the updates to fire control are ridiculous.

Coastal limits rules need to be made viable as any modern navy would not sit idle and allow invasion to blatantly occur and that any modern human civilization would not accept that opening fire on such an invasion type should be the responsibility of that nations navy defence or otherwise fire control tactics such as artillery. The burden of war morale must be made upon the coastal invader and be made without exception to this such rule or further update.

I have seen it, other human beings have seen it, COW players will now see that the fire control updates need to be revoked or that modifications on coastal movements or otherwise barriers be implemented without condition, that the need for further updates be the conditions to the current fire control options.
    • Hi, Fire control has been set back to what it was for the most part.

Arcorian wrote:

We also release an update to the fire controls today. As promised several weeks ago we took the time to review our latest update and adjusted it according to player expectations. While the “aggressive” fire mode still works like before to enable naval blockades, we changed the “fire at will” mode back to the original behaviour. This means that on default settings no unwanted wars with neutral nations are triggered. This change will be affecting all current and future game rounds.
      I'm not really familiar with coastal rules so will just say that you need to have perception of where your neighbors are, even if they are "peaceful". Should always be patrolling your waters for any enemies and have spies where needed.
      --
      Trying to be helpful, If my answers are incorrect, please let me know and provide the right information.
      I am not all serious, will tag along for a joke.

Delby
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • No has not been set back to its original status....Fire control maintains a setting that means the aggressive fire control option will open fire on peaceful neighbours, otherwise nations that yours holds a peace setting with.

Having said this it MUST be considered that some sort of a coastal limitations rule be applied so that naval & artillery defence options are not responsible for war declaration if a potential enemy draws to within your coastal limits. This is only common sense that if one is at peace then the aggressive fire control option need not attack that peace diplomacy.....or that a coastal condition comes into effect....
    • What has been changed back is the Fire at Will part of the setting. Not sure exactly how the aggressive setting worked before the Fire control update as I did not have HC back then but it seems to me that the current setting is what an aggressive firing would entail.
      As for the coastal defense, you can easily set up so that if a neighbor that is currently at peace starts to disembark in your land, your artillery is within the range that can hit it, with the aggressive setting on of course. This would clearly not be a mistake because they are already entering your coastal waters and starting to obtain a beachfront. Of course this means you are the one starting the war, but in return, you get around 3 rounds extra of firing while he is disembarking. Would say that's quite well worth the reputation drop.
      --
      Trying to be helpful, If my answers are incorrect, please let me know and provide the right information.
      I am not all serious, will tag along for a joke.

Delby
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Delby wrote:

Of course this means you are the one starting the war, but in return, you get around 3 rounds extra of firing while he is disembarking. Would say that's quite well worth the reputation drop.

Absolutely not worth it....on terms of strategy gaming this option needs dissemination and re configuration. I might also like to suggest a new fire control option..."coastal control"...any thoughts?