So... Is this forum gonna die and get removed? (is this thread gonna get removed?)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So... Is this forum gonna die and get removed? (is this thread gonna get removed?)

Okay... so, since the RP community is dead. What now? will this end up like all of the good features of this game? removed?

I joined this community late. And I wish I had been born sooner, so I could of truly have experienced the community at it's high point... but now, I am at the end.

So I ask you admins yet again, is the Roleplay forum getting removed? Or will this be like one of those old castles in Europe? and old relic from before! either way, i expect a few RPs to pop up every now and again, but the fact is: Bytro, you killed RP. congrats!

I don't like being rude, trust me, and im sorry if someone gets offended by me being this passive aggressive... but the fact is: you killed what I loved most. the Rp community, so excuse me if im kind of pissed. I am kind of expecting this thread to either be removed or ignored: and don't use the excuse this is not RP to remove it, I simply wanna start discussion amongst the RP'ers left in this forum if any still survived this arpocalypse.
    • In my opinion the RP community is stuck in a "Woe is me" death spiral, instead of adapting to their surroundings. As a group you will have to adapt to the current game mechanics, which apply to everyone.

I have attempted on several occasions to create a regularly occurring official EN community roleplay event on the 73 player historical map, and have gotten very little participation or interest from the RP community.

So the world is whatever you choose to make of it. You can either seize the day, or let the day seize you.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Thanks for responding! Means a lot. And yes... we have to adapt, but when bytro time and time again updates things that makes it harder and harder to actually do RP's, it's hard to justify to keep going, we are allready loseing members, and many more are leaveing out of frustration because of the latest updates.

We accepted the update of not being able to do 25 player maps, instead requesting them, we adapted to that. As said: I joined the community late, im not sure what other updates occured before me joining.

At the end of the day, people have been willing to keep RPing for many years, however we are loseing our members cause of their lives becomeing to much, and no one wants to on top of that hear that their game just made what they barely have time to do anymore harder. Not everyone prefers larger RP groups either. I prefer the more RP amongst freind groups, larger groups like those in the RPU or in public admin created games are often filled with cheaters, toxic people, and people who just flat out do nothing. whilst freind groups like those I am in barely have any of it. Im not saying thease updates are bad for the game itself. but im saying it is gonna end the RP community. So unless some magic updates appears out of nowhere that might help the RP community give Bytro an chance again... I will doubt those 73 people RPs will get any traffic anymore.

I understand what you mean, the face of the RP community (The RPU) is and has been toxic (Atleast when I was in it). When we are in other RPs,we usually don't join more, So perhaps you organized an RP during another one and that was the reason you did not get many players? just an guess! We are whiners. Yes... but we are whineing because we are getting less and less RPs because organizers just have given up and not make anymore.

Thanks again for responding, I am glad my expectations were wrong and I hope you understand my point of view.
    • I participated in some RP, and I'd say yeah, it's dead. It was slowly dying and the newer updates have killed it imo. There are very few ways, if any, to start an RP map. Even if you could, there are no private matches for the casual player. I imagine that only a handful of people who use HC will RP. I believe the RP forum will probably go very inactive and then get removed entirely.
    • As I said above, to assist the roleplay community I have attempted to gather interest in a 73 player historical map. I would create this map if there was sufficient interest, and if there were volunteers to assist with planning and moderating the map.

I have had very few people express interest in actually playing, and very few people follow through on volunteering to help, so the project has been stalled for at least 6 months or so.

So in summary, if the RP community isn’t really interested in playing there isn’t a lot that staff can do to force them to play.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<