Attacked by ia during the 24 hour peace period.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Attacked by ia during the 24 hour peace period.

Hi,

Arm race game n°2826980
      One of my province has been captured by the ia this night, but it wasn't possible because nobody could attack nor ia or players.
      It's an Arm race, so every second count, and i suppose i'll need to recapture my province first...
      Even if i try to attack, i got a message telling me i can't until 4h...
      Here's a pic to explain:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Franctireur1940 ().

• VorlonFCW wrote:

Did you give Right of Way to that AI first perhaps?
      Ah yeah that's a possibility.
      I gave him yesterday so eventually i could attack Alaska later.
      But i took it back before going to sleep, as i see one of his tank was coming my way.
      Anyway this is still a bug (reported), because the ia should have stop or not able to declare war after that... am i wrong?

It cost me morale and food shortage
    • Franctireur1940 wrote:

because the ia should have stop
      Under the current system, revoking the AI Right of way doesn't cause a "halt" order, only prevents new orders from being accepted.

Had you continued to allow the AI unit permission to cross your province, the AI would not have caused a war when it encountered your unit or province center without permission to be there.

In essence, what you did was tell your own forces "shoot them upon sight" by returning to peace, as those units without right of way or higher are considered hostile when they encounter your province centers or forces on your own roads.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
      During a 24h of peace you shouldn't or Ai shouldn't be able to capture a province.
      This is like an exploit, and if a player found a way like that he would be called a cheater.
      Don't you think?
      I wasn't allowed to recapture my own land before the "peace" time was over, that's the main problem.
      I don't agree with your explaination but i understand it's the current system state (anyway it should be in your todo list ;)

Thanks for your answer VorlonFCW
    • I have frequently proposed that players not be able to give right of way during a peace period in order to prevent this from occurring, but this solution has not been popular, and I agree it does have drawbacks, so we continue with the present system.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<