Province under attack- troops/unit stationed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yes, your troops will defend when you are being attacked by troops.

Piece of advice: don't move them, most troops have better stats when they are defending. If you move them, the differ enation moves to attack.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • Your units can attack once per hour, this will use the "attacking" stat for the given target armor class and terrain.

Your units will defend themselves every single time they are attacked as well, using the defensive stats for their terrain. You might think of this as returning fire every time that someone fires at them.

So you can be attacked multiple times per hour by various units, and you will defend against each blow, but you may only attack one group of units per hour.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Dear Admin,

If you said is correct, then there is a bug. Im playing this game on latest Chrome v. 76.038 on website.
      And I was attacked by a tactical bomber, I have 2 anti-air sitting in the province waiting to kick his ass.
      Then I got bomb, my unit received damage, but his plane is still 100% condition. No fire is made to the jet.

Or is it only straight direct face-face hit (like tanks vs tanks/troops), there is a auto-defense?

Please help!
    • I don't think anti-air works the same way. Unless the unit is attacked, it doesn't automatically attack. However, if you patrol and it attacks any enemies on the ground, the aa will kick in and retaliate.

Least that's what I've experienced.

- Ozzone :beer:
      - Ozzone :beer:

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. - General George Patton
    • Sorry bro, I think you mix up with other units, the anti-air doesn't patrol (don't mix up with SP, I am talking about the slow one). Secondly, my anti air is with all other troops (tanks, infantry, etc) in the province.
      If it doesn't shoot down aircraft, this thing is useless because most units even infantry probably can defeat it.
    • We’re your AA attacked? Or were they separate from the units that were attacked.

The close combat area is 5km, so if your AA were more than a few minutes travel from the item that the planes targeted then they were out of range and would not respond.

In addition there are other factors in combat, generally described as the X factor, where combat will result in a range from zero to 100% of rated damage. Read about that on the pinned post at the top of this forum section.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• My Anti Air is with the other units, not separated.
      If a Anti Air cannot even shot down a combat bomber. What used can it be.
      I already don't even count it in as offense unit, now defense is not working. So the unit is worthless.
      They probably can't shoot down anything useless a plane is stupid to stay on top of the province without doing anything just let it shoot down.
    • Your units can miss, which was rather common in reality of 1942 technology, and simulated by the randomness of the X factor.

This does not mean that they will miss every time, as each combat calculation will have a fresh roll of the X factor dice.

There are no guarantees that your unit will always destroy an enemy, which is part of the beauty of the game engine. It isn’t a simple statistical evaluation, but more of a gamble in certain circumstances.

VorlonFCW

• well...i m sitting there watching the bomber hitting two times at me, and taking no damage.
      I really don't know if it is a bad luck accuracy. Also, I have 2 anti-air, so it is like 0/4. Without getting hit.

[update 10/9] I have test using a tactical bomber on a enemy stack (1anti air, 1 infantry and 1 SP anti tank). HAHAHA,
      totally kill those infantry and SP tanks, and the anti air left with 60% without getting a damage. At the end, i stop bombard because i have too many back and forth that will lower a few basis of condition point.

The post was edited 1 time, last by coolgame2019 ().