Playing as Australia-1939 historical map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Playing as Australia-1939 historical map

Hi,

I'm searching for some advices to play Australia.
      I know diplomacy with Japan and some allied countries is one key.
      Owning some Dutch islands and New zealand seems to be mandotary.
      But now, just to survive, i need to make choices.
      Should i play defensively, build an heavy marine or only subs?
      Should i build militia to own thoses island as quick as i can?
      It is not easy because i'm short of grain and oil production per day.
      So i must choose smartly what i'll research in the future ( and yeah invest in infrastructures and industrial center)

As Aussies would say: "i'm like a bandicoot on a burnt ridge"

Thanks for your help ;)

Franctireur
    • I never build many subs, I tend to go for destroyers combined with Battleship and 1-2 cruisers maybe 1-2 subs. Now with this in mind, you can make a few stacks of cruisers and take out the troops from the islands then take it over with what you like ( AT,AA) militia takes food from and they are not that great of a troop, I don't even research them. So you can take islands without any loss now.

Secondly once you took the far islands, make a airfield and put some naval bombers so they can scout any sub or convoy that is coming towards you for far away. For a good defense of your land, I don't suggest to cover the water with subs, only crucial points , make some planes connect all across Australia and you can move fast anywhere if there is a problem.

As for diplomacy, check your surrounding players see who is active and has ended some games and start making plans with them on how you can rule the world.