Pinned Popularity with AI

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ryan04px2025 wrote:

TheWorldPartite wrote:

Aimo Johannes Lahti wrote:

I have actually gotten RoW with an Elite AI before, after the update which made Elite AI replace Normal AI. Two times, actually.

I was with Persia in the 1939 Historical World Map. Was just chilling, upgrading my provinces (because Persia is probably one of the worst countries in that map when talking about resources), RoWed Afghanistan, Iraq, Oman, Yemen and Saudi Arabia but Afghanistan eventually didn't accept my offer so I invaded it (declared war first, of course). Didn't work out eventually because I just wanted 3 provinces but my ally (Soviet Union) took it first so I just let them and British India take the provinces. By that time, however, Iraq and Oman had accepted my RoW, and I used their territories to invade Saudi Arabia later.

The other time was in a Pacific Conquest map. Had chosen Irkutsk Siberia, RoWed Tannu Tuva instantly at the start, and Tannu Tuva accepted a day or so later. I was already planning on invading Tomsk Siberia,but when they invaded Tannu Tuva I sent one troop to defend them but, as it it was already way too late, I invaded Tomsk instead. F for Tannu Tuva, couldn't be saved in time.

Apart from that, someone once told me in a chat they were able to get share map with an AI, specifically Michigan. They said they had gotten RoW with them first, then moved to Share Map and they accepted as well. Might want to try this some time later!
      I played an internal map and did nothing. Then Finland, Romania, France, Greece and everyone gave me RoW and SM
      The game wasn't fun wasn't it? :/
      No tthen I betrayed then by declaring war once my troops were in teh cities
    • TheWorldPartite wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

TheWorldPartite wrote:

Aimo Johannes Lahti wrote:

I have actually gotten RoW with an Elite AI before, after the update which made Elite AI replace Normal AI. Two times, actually.

I was with Persia in the 1939 Historical World Map. Was just chilling, upgrading my provinces (because Persia is probably one of the worst countries in that map when talking about resources), RoWed Afghanistan, Iraq, Oman, Yemen and Saudi Arabia but Afghanistan eventually didn't accept my offer so I invaded it (declared war first, of course). Didn't work out eventually because I just wanted 3 provinces but my ally (Soviet Union) took it first so I just let them and British India take the provinces. By that time, however, Iraq and Oman had accepted my RoW, and I used their territories to invade Saudi Arabia later.

The other time was in a Pacific Conquest map. Had chosen Irkutsk Siberia, RoWed Tannu Tuva instantly at the start, and Tannu Tuva accepted a day or so later. I was already planning on invading Tomsk Siberia,but when they invaded Tannu Tuva I sent one troop to defend them but, as it it was already way too late, I invaded Tomsk instead. F for Tannu Tuva, couldn't be saved in time.

Apart from that, someone once told me in a chat they were able to get share map with an AI, specifically Michigan. They said they had gotten RoW with them first, then moved to Share Map and they accepted as well. Might want to try this some time later!
      I played an internal map and did nothing. Then Finland, Romania, France, Greece and everyone gave me RoW and SM
      The game wasn't fun wasn't it? :/
      No tthen I betrayed then by declaring war once my troops were in teh cities
      What i'ld do exactly LOL
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Why is AI attacking me is without doubt one of the most Frequently Asked Questions. My guide on the forum has had 29.413 views over the past two years. It was time that I made a video guide about popularity.

youtube.com/watch?v=xZdXG618Fm4&t=50s

BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • I heard somewhere that propaganda offices increase your popularity. Is this true? Either way, I've seen players build up massive armies, declare war on 20 nations at once, and not be on the "most hated nations" list. All while I, following everything I know (including giving SM to all AI and following the embargo 24h before war rule) and I get down to 50% by the middle of the match. How?
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• I understand the best practice is to wait at least 24 hours between the trade embargo and declaring war. Is there an ideal waiting period between declaring war and actually making an attack? And does the attack count when you give the order or when the unit comes in range and actually fires?

Because the previous posts give the impression that you can go to war without popularity penalty by: 1) trade embargo and wait 24 hours, and then 2) declare war and then with no further delay go ahead and attack.

Just want to make sure it is or is not: 1) trade embargo and wait 24 hours, 2) declare war and wait 24 hours, and 3) go ahead and attack. Also that after declaring war the time it takes the unit to arrive in range counts as part of any required delay.
    • Just learning about this popularity rating. Watched BMFox youtube video. Very good.

But now looking at game I am in now. Few weeks in. My coalition partner had that situation with a dozen AI declaring war on him at once and he is rapping it up now. So I looked at all the players popularity, AI and human.

Every country is only 3 to 6% popularity except for one. That one is the country that is finishing off the 12 AI countries that declared war on him. His popularity is 86% now.

I don't get it.
    • Popularity has always been a complete mystery, even to the code monkeys.
      The rationale goes somewhat like this:
      Lower Slobvovia is jealous of the insane wealth
      and incredible military power of the United States,
      therefore we shall declare war and send all
      three of our militia battalions across the
      seas to attack Honolulu,
    • ender611 wrote:

Just learning about this popularity rating. Watched BMFox youtube video. Very good.

But now looking at game I am in now. Few weeks in. My coalition partner had that situation with a dozen AI declaring war on him at once and he is rapping it up now. So I looked at all the players popularity, AI and human.

Every country is only 3 to 6% popularity except for one. That one is the country that is finishing off the 12 AI countries that declared war on him. His popularity is 86% now.

I don't get it.
      That's the popularity of you to them.
      Kind regards,
      Donk

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• left2lose wrote:

for aggresive players is it wise to trade embargo all active players in day one so later you can simply declare war to any player you want? or do embargo multiple players have any negetive effect on ai popularity? ?(
      I'm pretty sure your popularity would suffer a lot from that. I'd say keeping good relations and just declaring war would be better.
      Kind regards,
      Donk

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Here is an oddly specific question. How is trading with AI measured? Is it based on the number of trades or the volume of resources traded? For instance, would there be any benefit to having lots of small trades? An example of this would be, if you want to buy 2,000 food on the market, would it be worth breaking the trades up into four separate trades at 500 food each?