Pinned Popularity with AI

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jubjub bird wrote:

Shhhhh
      I've had that theory for a while and regularly do 1-unit trades trying to angleshoot :D
      I found myself doing this in my current game. I’m facing a very good opponent and needed to keep on the good side of the AI, so I could focus on them. When trading, you have no idea which country you are trading with so I went to the “All offers” tabs and bought and sold each offer for each resource two or three times for between 1 and 5 units each. It worked because my popularity went up by 2% with the two countries I was worried about. I literally had to complete hundreds of trades and I’m not sure how many were with the two intended countries but desperate times call for desperate measures.
    • When you click on a player or AI province I thought the popularity you see represented their average world wide popularity (how much the the world likes them). Since you are saying your popularity went up, it seems to suggest that the popularity value of other countries instead represents how much they like you. Which is it?
    • DxC wrote:

When you click on a player or AI province I thought the popularity you see represented their average world wide popularity (how much the the world likes them). Since you are saying your popularity went up, it seems to suggest that the popularity value of other countries instead represents how much they like you. Which is it?
      When you look at your own, it shows the global popularity, which I believe is just an average. When you click on another country, it shows their popularity specific to you.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

I went to the “All offers” tabs and bought and sold each offer for each resource two or three times for between 1 and 5 units each. It worked because my popularity went up by 2% with the two countries I was worried about. I literally had to complete hundreds of trades and I’m not sure how many were with the two intended countries but desperate times call for desperate measures
      Umm, I just checked this and when you buy at a higher price it will instead do the trade at the lowest price available to you not the trade you clicked on. When you sell at a lower price it will instead sell to the highest bidder available. So it seems like you may have done a lot of useless trading :)
    • DxC wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

I went to the “All offers” tabs and bought and sold each offer for each resource two or three times for between 1 and 5 units each. It worked because my popularity went up by 2% with the two countries I was worried about. I literally had to complete hundreds of trades and I’m not sure how many were with the two intended countries but desperate times call for desperate measures
      Umm, I just checked this and when you buy at a higher price it will instead do the trade at the lowest price available to you not the trade you clicked on. When you sell at a lower price it will instead sell to the highest bidder available. So it seems like you may have done a lot of useless trading :)
      I was about to say that. I've seen it happen to me before.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• DxC wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

I wonder if that’s a bug. I though I saw the wrong number available go down a few times on the offers when I was doing that. Here I thought I was just sleep deprived.
    • If this really works, it should be removed. It is kind of ridiculous to have to do all the clicking required for "hundreds of trades", that's really not fun. Giving all the AI a RoW or share map at the start of a game really is enough of a bore as it is.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

DxC wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

I wonder if that’s a bug. I though I saw the wrong number available go down a few times on the offers when I was doing that. Here I thought I was just sleep deprived.
      It's not a bug, it has worked like that forever. Your trade adviser sees he can get a cheaper price than you clicked on, and he "helps" you by taking it instead.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

It is kind of ridiculous to have to do all the clicking required for "hundreds of trades"
      could be worse:
      in an earlier bystro game, trading on the market with live players added stature.
      this resulted in having to make hundreds of equal unit trades (e.g. 10k grain for 10k grain)
      in order to not lose stature relative to the other players who were willing to
      spend the time 'exploiting' this ridiculous game mechanic.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

DxC wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

It's not a bug, it has worked like that forever. Your trade adviser sees he can get a cheaper price than you clicked on, and he "helps" you by taking it instead.
      It would be nice if you could give resources or cash to an AI country directly to improve your popularity with them. Call it aid or assistance.
    • BTW you cant trade with countries you worry about if the have already an embargo in place ;)

Well thats how it should work, so only countries at peace you can deal with, and how much should you worry about them, I have had them drop from RoW to suprise attack, thats pretty low, like human players almost ^^
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

If this really works, it should be removed. It is kind of ridiculous to have to do all the clicking required for "hundreds of trades", that's really not fun. Giving all the AI a RoW or share map at the start of a game really is enough of a bore as it is.
      multi-selection of countries in the diplomatic menu would be great!
      Hier könnt Ihr ein Support-Ticket erstellen. :00000450: