Deconstruction?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Deconstruction?

I've recently found that conquering AI nations or new players mean that they've built harbours in 'interesting' positions.
      For necessity they need to be taken, but that saddles the conqueror with having to maintain harbours that he doesn't want, need or use.

So I would like to propose either a deactivation mechanic (like barracks, or railways in S1914) or the ability to deconstruct (with an appropriate timer (half to 2/3rds build speed?) to recoup resources (10%?)

I'm afraid I don't know how hard this would be to implement, and I doubt it would be easy, but I'd like to know what you guys all think
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • 100% agreed. players build stuff in 'very interesting' places (utterly useless even!).
      For a small amount, one should be able to deconstruct or destroy them or even salvage some of the materials.

If that is all to complicated, a disable function would be worthwhile.
    • Pine Tree wrote:

I agree. Destruction of buildings (and retrieving some materials) can also be very interesting, if you know a certain province will fall into enemy hands, so you can tear the industrial plant down before it is of any use to the enemy and such nice things. :evil:
      Not my intention, but a good strategy, but I would rather the timer was long enough that it wouldn't allow an abuse of that
      Kalantigos
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • I second, third and fourth this excellent idea. With the 75% reduction in province output, this is a necessity. You can turn off the barracks but what happens when you conquer someone who put a L3 Naval Port in every coastal province and you are bleeding oil? That really puts a damper on things.
      "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
      GEN William Tecumseh Sherman
    • lol, being a warmonger as you, that is what i do: conquer more.

but it remains a silly thing that i am stuck with some very interesting choices of another player , which cost me a lot in maintenance. and having as many factories as I have in better places, i dont need the useless infra in Le Havre.

the point must be adressed by the devs asap.
      deconstruction with salvage or destruction without, it must be a programmable feature
    • Yeah, the AI is really bad. It is a terrible strategist, cannot research properly, doesn't know how to mass produce units or where to build stuff. The only thing it is good at is supplying your enemies with much needed resources.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• * Deconstruct / Remove 1 level of a building.(Includes removing level 1 to get rid of the building you don't want.)

This would allow you to remove the oil draining Naval Bases, and the wheat consuming barracks. (Build by someone else.)

And this would make it easier for the developers, as they only need to implement one function.
      However it has some more consequences to it, then turning levels on and off.
      Now if you remove a level, you would need to rebuild it to get it back which takes time and resources.
      That would be a whole lot more realistic and fair.

But how do we get them to implement this?
    • All I know is that something has to be done. I am still active in the first CoW game I ever played, just so that I can see what all the tech does and how well it functions. I have conquered 263 provinces and everything except the Soviet Union, Turkey, Half of Great Britain and the US. I have a modest army size of 268 and produce lots of resources. All of them except oil. The other players and the AIs have built Naval Bases in every coast. While you do get a modest resource boost with a naval base, the oil cost is too high to have a bunch of them. For example, I produce a daily rate of 67K Goods and consume ~9K daily. I produce 50K wheat, and consume 30K daily. I produce 29K Oil and consume 20K daily. Of this 20K, fully 1/3 or 7K is consumed by province upgrades. I actually produce more Rare Mineral per hour than oil, even with active Reactors.
      "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
      GEN William Tecumseh Sherman
    • I should probably note while you can deactivate a barracks, in the game im playing I have a lvl 2 one that is very damaged, I cannot deactivate it, most likely only if I repair it to full lvl 2 heath will I be able to shut it down, in the meantime its forcing me to use lvl 1 grain usage I don't want to use on it, well at least until I fix it and shut it down.
      But Id much rather destroy it...
    • Iron Guard24 wrote:

I should probably note while you can deactivate a barracks, in the game im playing I have a lvl 2 one that is very damaged, I cannot deactivate it, most likely only if I repair it to full lvl 2 heath will I be able to shut it down, in the meantime its forcing me to use lvl 1 grain usage I don't want to use on it, well at least until I fix it and shut it down.
      But Id much rather destroy it...
      My experiences tell me that the current (damaged) level is automatically consumed.
      Even if it's so damaged it states 'disabled' But this doesn't seem to function correctly when damaged.
    • Just reviving the original thread a little as a subsidiary thread was made last night.
      Just put a like or post your approval/criticism to improve the thread

Current points I've seen is:
      -Yes, deconstruction is a good idea
      -Measures should be put in place to make it less abusable, such as an a moderate length timer
      -Some manner of disabling naval bases
      -Some form of partial resource recouping.
      Kalantigos
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • I think such option will satisfy all, even developers.

1. Any building can be destroyed.
      2. You can destroy simultaneously only one building.
      3. It is impossible to destroy and build simultaneously, only one of actions is at the same time possible.
      4. Buildings are destroyed level by level. You need 3 orders for full deconstruction of building lvl.3.
      5. Speed of deconstruction is 3 times quicker than construction speed.
      6. Deconstruction is free. No resources return after deconstruction.