How to Get Started as Persia!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to Get Started as Persia!

Now this might sound obscene
      But sometimes the best on the screen
      Is the one with the tank
      Who can smite and make bank
      By forging the best empire seen

Restore your empire of yore
      With tanks and troops galore
      Some say Persia isn't strong
      And those people are wrong
      Welcome back to Call of War!

(Yes, I stole that from A Crap Guide to DnD - Cleric. You can sue me now, I'm not apologizing.)

Persia is a massively undervalued country. Many people ditch only after the first day because of the starting army size of the tiny country, and its glorious traits go unnoticed: sure, you have the same industrial capacity as Mongolia, but the difference is that you produce more oil - way more oil. Not only that, but your land is super flat, making this the perfect tank country. Sure, it's not much now, but give it a couple of days, and you'll be the envy of the Middle East!

Now, onto the guide!

1) DON'T attack Turkey or India. You have a starting army of 4-6 ground units and an interceptor, I believe. Maybe. I forgot. Anyway, diplomacy is your friend. If you can get India or Turkey (or both) on your side, you will be one happy camper.

2) Get some tank research ASAP. Build a naval base in the oil province with coastal territory and infrastructure in both oil, both food, steel, and rare material provinces. Get that production up! Once tank research looks nice, get better infantry and aircraft.

3) Invade Iraq FIRST. Afghanistan just doesn't have as much resources and only has 2 industrial complexes, while Iraq has 4 and also generates even more oil. Get them rare materials bro! Don't worry too much about armies: Iraq will crumble if you have enough tanks.

4) Speaking of tanks, build an industrial complex in your steel province, if you can. 4 complexes (complexi?) is NOT enough.

5) Remember the Soviet Union? Yeah, leave them be if they aren't at war with Germany. You'd get rolled faster than you can say Tank.

6) You should have a sizable army by now, so either steamroll into India or Turkey if they aren't your allies, or head more Easterner towards Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Oman. yeah, even more Oil for your Persian empire. I'm insane, I know.

7) Boost production of ALL resources regularly, especially food and goods. If you invaded Iraq you should be fine for RM for a little while.

8) Remember how much I like commandos? Well guess what: research them AND Paratroopers. You have pretty hilly terrain in some areas, and your neighbors even more so. Better to be prepared!

9) Cut through India into China and/or Xingjiang. They're hopelessly screwed if you do it right. Use them tanks!

10) Roll up to the Soviet Union if they're inactive (or being invaded) and roll 'em. Their military presence in Asia is almost negligible.

And that is my guide to getting started as Persia. Cheers!
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

You have a starting army of 4-6 ground units and an interceptor, I believe. Maybe. I forgot.
      I believe you have 6 ground units, 4 infantry and 2 militia. idk if you have an int. but prob not
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh