What does it mean when you are the Game host

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What does it mean when you are the Game host

What does it mean when you are the Game host how do you become one for starters, how do you give it up if you want to and what can you do being a game host can you lose being a game host, like can someone explain everything about being a game host and what does that have to do with a game admin.

Because one of the games im playing im a game host and a game admin I dont understand what it is or what you can do with it, why have i got them things when i have not asked for them etc im confused lol.
      GLOBAL UNITED ALLIANCE
    • Hi,

Being a game host is a old feature that is still stuck in some games. Usually you become a game host when you are early to join a game. It's an old function that is no longer used, there is no responsiblity to it. You can give up a game host/admin position by going inactive.

Hope this helps
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • Hi and thank you oh the game still very active my coalition the biggest are up against the second biggest coalition its a really difficult battle although I'm gaining ground slowly they are starting to struggle and me and my other guy have the top 2 largest armies i am also the most advanced but my enemy right behind me lol but my whole coalition taking part like theirs although its the same guy with different accounts we are on a 100p with around 20 or less active it will be very interesting
      GLOBAL UNITED ALLIANCE
    • kieran mcginn wrote:

same guy with different accounts we are on a 100p
      Did you submit a multi-accounting report? Having multiple accounts is very much against the rules.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • I dont know how to do that, I know he is because there recent new accounts with no stats really and some really low ranked like a 398k person which is big not a chance without a big army there a lot, they all seem to move at the same time not different times but he messages and replies to his own messages to make it seem like it isn't he is smart. i use spies on him. I would believe he will be hiding his own IP Address so he cannot be caught either they all speak the same way etc it is obvious but i dont know how to report it. either that or it is 2 guys with multi accounts which i doubt it would be 2 different ones together it be a rare thing all in the untied states on 100p
      GLOBAL UNITED ALLIANCE
    • To report a player, use these steps:
      1. Click on the players stats
      2. Once the tab comes up, look in the upper right corner
      3. Click the icon with a figure and exclamation point
      4. Fill out the message box and select multi-accounting or general
      Even if he can't be caught, it can't hurt.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

• I have found myself to be game host several times and it is said you have the power to set whether inactives can be replaced with real players. With that said, I have never...never never never never (would you believe never?) seen any hint or clue that an inactive position has been taken up by another player.

I would love it if it could happen - to me the biggest problem the game has is so many dropped positions. I only play the 100 player map and in my current game, on day three there were 33 drops and on day 4 there were 14 more. Since it takes 2 days before an inactive player is dropped, that means one third of the players in the game dropped on day 1 and by day 2 half had dropped. That is too early in the game for drops to be due to positions becoming untenable.

Elite AI takes over for inactive positions, and that is better than nothing, but I for one prefer to play real people, plus by the time AI takes over the position has sat idle for 2 days, meaning the AI no matter how good is 2 days behind.

If the game host is obsolete (which appears to be the case) that would explain why inactive positions are never filled by real people. I certainly don't know how to even go about finding available inactive positions. But if it were possible, and properly advertised and incentivized, I would try to fill some.

The key would be for people to know about available abandoned positions and most importantly what reward they could expect for taking them. Right now there are a bunch of achievement rewards, perhaps there should be some (high gold rewards) achievement rewards for assuming abandoned positions and actually doing something with them (so it doesn't do any good to just milk the system by claiming a position and doing nothing).
    • To replace players the key is to remove inactive players early to get them replaced, remember players can only join to a certain day. Also, this feature only works on player-created maps and doesn't do anything in system created maps.

Also if you are having issues where you suspect a player of cheating please submit a multi report and a Game Operator shall take a look. We do our best to keep multi-account(s) and other related issue(s) in-game from happening. But we can only do this if we are aware of the issue, as we don't enter games without a ticket.
      PrinceofHonor
      Senior Moderator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • PrinceofHonor wrote:

To replace players the key is to remove inactive players early to get them replaced, remember players can only join to a certain day. Also, this feature only works on player-created maps and doesn't do anything in system created maps.

Also if you are having issues where you suspect a player of cheating please submit a multi report and a Game Operator shall take a look. We do our best to keep multi-account(s) and other related issue(s) in-game from happening. But we can only do this if we are aware of the issue, as we don't enter games without a ticket.
      Ok so i have reported it and again they are all active at the same time it really bad and making the game unfair i hope cow and you guys sort it out and that he does not fool you both because it would be a shame to let him get away with cheating.

So now i want to ask for a possible change, which is a idea i have had a long time. I personally think you should take the certain day thing away, just stop any gold players from entering after that day, so if someone wants a challenge they can when someone goes inactive remove them completely, give space for new players. The AI will take over to keep the country advancing as if it was a real person builds armies at the right speed just as if it was a person doing it etc i have many good ideas other than that one. But i dont know if anyone would ever listen to me i mean its just me.
      GLOBAL UNITED ALLIANCE
    • Another idea would be a resign button, allowing the AI to take control immediately. I realize many players would just quit anyway without using it, but if there was a carrot and stick approach it might improve things. Players are generally sensitive about their status (experience level, etc.) so if there was a stat that showed how many times they bailed on a game without resigning vs how many times using the resign button it might have some effect. Perhaps some games could restrict entry based on these stats, giving a penalty for doing it. And it would be visible to others. On the other hand a stat showing how many times they took over an abandoned position, some kind of reward for doing so, like working on an achievement trophy, etc. could influence behavior.
    • BeorntheBold wrote:

Another idea would be a resign button, allowing the AI to take control immediately. I realize many players would just quit anyway without using it, but if there was a carrot and stick approach it might improve things. Players are generally sensitive about their status (experience level, etc.) so if there was a stat that showed how many times they bailed on a game without resigning vs how many times using the resign button it might have some effect. Perhaps some games could restrict entry based on these stats, giving a penalty for doing it. And it would be visible to others. On the other hand a stat showing how many times they took over an abandoned position, some kind of reward for doing so, like working on an achievement trophy, etc. could influence behavior.
      I think that is a Great idea
      GLOBAL UNITED ALLIANCE
    • Just had another idea - let players queue up for positions so if the position is resigned or goes inactive it passes seamlessly and automatically to the next player in the queue. This wouldn't work as a stand alone idea; it would have to be in junction with a reward system for assuming an inactive position and some type of acceptance procedure so if the next player in the queue is no longer willing or able it could timeout and go to the next one. The AI, of course, at the end of the queue.
    • BeorntheBold wrote:

Just had another idea - let players queue up for positions so if the position is resigned or goes inactive it passes seamlessly and automatically to the next player in the queue. This wouldn't work as a stand alone idea; it would have to be in junction with a reward system for assuming an inactive position and some type of acceptance procedure so if the next player in the queue is no longer willing or able it could timeout and go to the next one. The AI, of course, at the end of the queue.
      Great idea i personally think that would work well
      GLOBAL UNITED ALLIANCE