Arrival time at next waypoint

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Arrival time at next waypoint

Much of the time I give units orders that include one or more waypoints in between the final destination. When clicking a unit, or even on mouseover, the arrival time to the final destination is displayed. While this is useful it is almost always more relevant to know when the unit will arrive at it's next waypoint.

Currently the only way to know this is to change the unit's order to make the next waypoint it's final destination, then change the orders back. This can become cumbersome when there are multiple unit stacks to examine or if there are a lot of waypoints in their orders.

I suggest to enhance the playing experience that in all places whenever the final destination arrival time is displayed that also the arrival time to the next waypoint be displayed. This convenience feature would remove some tedium - always a good thing.
    • Click on your already running unit(s) and then the Move button, and then move the mouse cursor somewhere on the track, so you can read the travel time and the arrivel time in the units info for each point on the route. Deselect the unit(s) with (X) or right mouse button, and it continues to run as it was previously set ..

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Telmah69 wrote:

yes u can do it that way but still esasier if displayed both next waypoint and final destination
      Yeah .. :rolleyes:
      .. and even much more easier easiest of all if the game runs completely alone after logging in so you only need to

watching the wheels go round and round .. :sleeping:

• Restrisko - yep good point not all automation is good, and I guess as the saying goes all good things come to those who wait. why do one click when several will do. wait, what am I thinking - I have a real life, I don't live in the cyber world, I have a wife, kids and friends to fulfill my life and yes I do play CoW and yes I do log in several times a day but when I log in I would prefer to spend that time checking events in the newspaper to see whose doing what, check on my builds, adjust my attack strategy and chat with allies and friends in game and in chat rooms. accordingly clicking on a troop and seeing better intel is an improvement to that presently offered.

Surprisingly thats what the suggestions area of the forum is for - making suggestions to improve the game - as in war you always strive to improve intel, increase efficiency and minimize losses - this suggestion does two of those things

The post was edited 1 time, last by Telmah69 ().

• Display Spoiler

Telmah69 wrote:

Restrisko - yep good point not all automation is good, and I guess as the saying goes all good things come to those who wait. why do one click when several will do. wait, what am I thinking - I have a real life, I don't live in the cyber world, I have a wife, kids and friends to fulfill my life and yes I do play CoW and yes I do log in several times a day but when I log in I would prefer to spend that time checking events in the newspaper to see whose doing what, check on my builds, adjust my attack strategy and chat with allies and friends in game and in chat rooms. accordingly clicking on a troop and seeing better intel is an improvement to that presently offered.

Surprisingly thats what the suggestions area of the forum is for - making suggestions to improve the game - as in war you always strive to improve intel, increase efficiency and minimize losses - this suggestion does two of those things

Oh boy, what has this ramblings to do with whether the time / arrival of next ONE interrims waypoint should be displayed for marching units "permanently and without selecting the unit" .. ??

And if, what's with the other various points, mostly, if any, other waypoints are important, so should not all of them be listed then?

.. so why (only) display the next waypoint ..?
      .. maybe more important can be in most cases the point before the last -- and much more important is usually the point of a border crossing -- and always must be displayed, of course, an embarkation and / or disembarkation on the route -- and.. .. aaah, no, then the display box must be so big at some point that nothing is visible from the map ..

.. so, hmm..., it's indeed still better as it is right now and as rare as all of that is really important to know quickly, it's sufficient with two clicks and per mouseover to view EVERY reachable point even of the whole map.

• Restrisiko wrote:

Display Spoiler

Telmah69 wrote:

Restrisko - yep good point not all automation is good, and I guess as the saying goes all good things come to those who wait. why do one click when several will do. wait, what am I thinking - I have a real life, I don't live in the cyber world, I have a wife, kids and friends to fulfill my life and yes I do play CoW and yes I do log in several times a day but when I log in I would prefer to spend that time checking events in the newspaper to see whose doing what, check on my builds, adjust my attack strategy and chat with allies and friends in game and in chat rooms. accordingly clicking on a troop and seeing better intel is an improvement to that presently offered.

Oh boy, what has this ramblings to do with whether the time / arrival of next ONE interrims waypoint should be displayed for marching units "permanently and without selecting the unit" .. ??

And if, what's with the other various points, mostly, if any, other waypoints are important, so should not all of them be listed then?

.. so why (only) display the next waypoint ..?
      .. maybe more important can be in most cases the point before the last -- and much more important is usually the point of a border crossing -- and always must be displayed, of course, an embarkation and / or disembarkation on the route -- and.. .. aaah, no, then the display box must be so big at some point that nothing is visible from the map ..

.. so, hmm..., it's indeed still better as it is right now and as rare as all of that is really important to know quickly, it's sufficient with two clicks and per mouseover to view EVERY reachable point even of the whole map.
      I think, Restrisiko, you misunderstand what is suggested.
      1. It's great that with two clicks and a mouseover you can view EVERY reachable point (although this doesn't consistently work by the way, but never mind). In my original post I was not aware of that and now that I am it is nice (when it works). BUT...
      2. Waypoints are set by the player to specific places, in order. Nobody suggested displaying them all, or having them all displayed somehow without selecting the unit (not even sure how you would do that). Since selecting a unit already shows the arrival time at the end of the trip it wouldn't be that hard to show the same information to the next waypoint. The arrival time at other waypoints is not usually needed, and if it is important can be obtained by the method already available.