How does morale affects unit strength

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How does morale affects unit strength

now im on match and on a war against somebody, someday i found out that he/she had a level 4 cruiser, but at 34% morale, while i had 100% morale cruiser but only level 1.

So now im very confused wether i should attack it or not.

So now my question is how do morale affects a unit strenght?
      Please answer
    • A unit's condition (morale as you referred to), affects the unit SDBE and that factors into the strength. Base strength is based off the unit's highest attack stat (highest defense in the case of AA) from there, the strength is calculated using the SDBE % of the base str.
      In your specific situation, it might be really up to you whether or not to attack. If you've got other units nearby to support, it might be better.
      --
      Trying to be helpful, If my answers are incorrect, please let me know and provide the right information.
      I am not all serious, will tag along for a joke.

Delby
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • One thing to add to Delby's answer: While the enemy cruiser only has 34% health/morale/condition this only refers to hit points. It will still have more than 34% of it's attack/defend strength, which is shown as the State Based Damage Efficiency line when you click on the unit icon in the info box.

SBDE is also affected by the number of units in the group, so it is best to read about that as well. Look for the pinned post about SBDE at the top of this forum section.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Can one of the experts here tell me if this is the correct calculation? I'm using the Tac Bomber Lvl 4 example above.

The base damage output is basically the condition times the SBDE? For example:

Condition: 234.4 hit points (HP) = 94% (or is the 234.4 the value after multiplying by .94?)

State-based damage efficiency: 64%

(234.4 * .94) * .64 = 141.01
      or 234.4 * .64 = 150.01

- Ozzone :beer:

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. - General George Patton

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ozzone ().

• Ozzone wrote:

Can one of the experts here tell me if this is the correct calculation? I'm using the Tac Bomber Lvl 4 example above.

The base damage output is basically the condition times the SBDE? For example:

Condition: 234.4 hit points (HP) = 94% (or is the 234.4 the value after multiplying by .94?)

State-based damage efficiency: 64%

(234.4 * .94) * .64 = 141.01
      or 234.4 * .64 = 150.01

- Ozzone
      The SBDE is based on two things: unit health and unit saturation. The SBDE for tactical bombers is 5 tactical bombers=100% SBDE. Unit health decreases the SBDE somewhat past 75% HP.
      Since you have 12 tactical bombers, your SBDE will be approximately 62%
      I'm not aware of any equation that's publicly put out that will calculate SBDE.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • General Nightman,

I wasn't asking what the SBDE was based on. That's an entirely different discussion of itself.

What I was trying to get at was what is the base damage before calculating other factors that can modify it even lower. Simply that base damage is always Condition * SBDE. Final net damage may be entirely different.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. - General George Patton
    • Ozzone wrote:

The base damage output is basically the condition times the SBDE?
      Damage done has nothing to do with the condition/hitpoints - at all.

Find the correct line in the chart for damage done against the enemy armor class in that terrain, multiply that by the number of units (Like 10 tactical bombers in the group) and then multiply by the SBDE. (Remember that sbde is a percent, so 64% will be entered in your calculator as multiplying by .64)

So for the image that I posted above: If the target is infantry class and we are doing a direct attack:

(7.5 possible damage against infantry ) * (10 units in the group) * (64% SBDE )= 48 hit points of damage possible

Then there are other factors applied. There is a random X factor included, and a overwhelm mechanic, as well as some max and minimum chances involved. forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/6446-the-x-factor/

So for a sake of having some number to put in there, I like to figure on an average of 50%. This brings your 48 potential damage down to an average of 24 actual damage. Naturally with an average some runs will be less, some will be more.

So far in this we have not described the enemy, which is quite important. For this example we will use a group of 5 infantry:

For each attack a unit will return fire using the defending stats. This will happen for as many attacks as there are per hour, while the limit is one direct attack per hour.

In this example there is no modification of strength for any terrain. Be sure when calculating this for armored units that you take note of the strength column and adjust the attack or defend line according to the strength on that terrain.

When attacked by planes, these infantry are going to return 1.5 damage to the planes.

(1.5 possible hit points) * (5 infantry units in the group) * (100% Sbde) = 7.5 potential hit points of return fire.

Naturally the same X factor and such applies, so the planes will only receive 3.75 hit points of damage on average, and this will be distributed among the entire stack.

So now that I have made quite a wall of text, lets get back to the battle that we started with:

10 planes attacking 5 infantry.

The 10 planes will cause 24 hit points of damage on average
      The 5 infantry will cause 3.75 hit points of damage in return

The result will be 10 planes with a condition of 230.6 hit points (92%)

and

The group of infantry will have 51 hit points remaining among 4 units (That takes a lot longer to explain) for a condition of 85%

Keep in mind that if the planes were patrolling instead of direct attacking, the combat occurs at 25% strength every 15 minutes.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<