Spy Action - Steal Tech

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spy Action - Steal Tech

Stealing Tech from other nations has been around for a little while now... from bow making, metallurgy to microprocessors.

Spies should be capable of more than just blowing Ship up... they should also be able to sneak off with bits of tech that allows scientists back home to advance their own developments.

Japan took USA Bombers when they captured the Philippines and after ripping them apart and putting them back together, learned a thing or two from them. USA took German scientists in by the droves to help them with their own rocket projects...

Be it photo's of a new wing design to ex-filtrating an enemy scientist... these actions all play part in war. The Spitfire for example is based off a German designs when an apprentice working for German designers went back to England and took copies of some of the wing designs with him.

Proposal of two distinct Spy actions:

Steal Tech - Allows a spy action to steal information about a technology I do not yet posses from an enemy. This could be a % bonus to researching that tech... shortening my time or reducing the cost of my own research of that tech.

Sabotage Enemy Research - Allows a spy to hinder ongoing research of the enemy (does not reveal what research was damaged, just that some research was hindered) By killing, or ex-filtrating a key scientist, or damaging research facilities.. this action would extend significantly enemy research time of tech... or increase costs of ongoing research.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • One of the issues is that as the game goes on the amount of $$$ that countries have grows tremendously which is fed directly into Spies since nothing else can be done with the money since all markets die in the end game even before the recent rule changes that hurts markets early.

So while the idea is interesting and realistic to a degree, the design aspects of the money excess is a problem.

You would also need to have a function to put Counter Spies on the two areas you mention to protect you against those actions. Which may have a positive impact in doing something with money.

as I said, interesting.

The post was edited 1 time, last by EZ Dolittle ().

• OneNutSquirrel wrote:

Forrest G wrote:

No we don't need anymore spy stuff bud we're good infact we should get rid of spies
      Why?
      Not realistic?
      Not historically accurate?
      Already there?
      Impractical techincally?

If you're gonna shout "useless" about a suggestions... give a reason plz.
      Yup
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader