If Danzig Can be Independent, so Can The Vatican.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If Danzig Can be Independent, so Can The Vatican.

Ever notice that the Free City of Danzig takes up a whole country? Ever noticed how much it bugs you? Well guess what: well after Danzig was (re)occupied by Germany, the Vatican City was still an independent micronation! Yes, and ENTIRE CITY IN ITALY managed to stay independent through the entire war! Granted, this was because they swore neutrality, but even so: If Danzig can exist, so should too the Vatican. Just sayin'.

It would work a lot like Luxembourg, Slovakia, etc. smaller countries: 3 provinces, all somewhat inflated, of food, goods, and steel. I mean, it would be an interesting challenge in All Countries, All In for Italy, given that there is now an entire nation inside of their borders with a massively inflated military. Thoughts?
    • Vatican was not defended by a massive army, but by an extreme morale penalty for anyone who dared to invade ;)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

Ever notice that the Free City of Danzig takes up a whole country? Ever noticed how much it bugs you? Well guess what: well after Danzig was (re)occupied by Germany, the Vatican City was still an independent micronation! Yes, and ENTIRE CITY IN ITALY managed to stay independent through the entire war! Granted, this was because they swore neutrality, but even so: If Danzig can exist, so should too the Vatican. Just sayin'.

It would work a lot like Luxembourg, Slovakia, etc. smaller countries: 3 provinces, all somewhat inflated, of food, goods, and steel. I mean, it would be an interesting challenge in All Countries, All In for Italy, given that there is now an entire nation inside of their borders with a massively inflated military. Thoughts?
      Criticizing:

Here are my opinions. The idea of Vatican being independent is not really possible. Vatican is too small and it is protected by the Italian country/police. I was thinking that when we have a small country, we have a little army. For example, I am Communist Russia and I am no match for Ukraine. 1/4 of their army is equal to mine.

Solution:

Would it be possible if Italy must have shared map relation with you and they will help protect you?

1. Shared map
      2. Helping with the Italian war effort
      3. Sharing Resource and troops

Any ways to improve on this?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

they did have a guard force, and it was only disbanded in the 70's. So technically speaking, their army couldn't have been much weaker than Chile's.
      Yes, the guard force; those were 500 men with guns and pistols. You're insulting Chile if saying it couldn't have coped with these with just one of its regiments.

But then, there were and still are additionally these 100 brave Vatican soldiers:
      With god's blessing, they would have beaten up the Chilean troops with their white gloves.

Nah, seriously, we have other issues here than missing Vatican in a war game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hans A. Pils ().