Selling Espionage Reports

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Selling Espionage Reports

Since they removed resource exchanging via private messages, it became kind of difficult to sell information for money or other resources since the only way to actually get money from selling info was through the market, and it is really hard to use the market for that purpose. So, I came up with an idea that let's you sell your espionage reports directly to the person you want to sell to via private messaging. It would look like this:

Basically if you were to buy the Info then it would appear in your espionage tab titled as "Purchased reports". If somebody wanted to sell only certain parts of his/her reports then there also should be an option to do that. To counter the "You sold me the wrong info!" problem, if you were to click on the espionage report in the trade offer then it would tell you what it contains, not exactly what it contains but for example a message saying "This report contains messages, Army locations etc." and the day that this report was written. One more thing that would be useful is that you can post the report without a trade offer, it would be helpful if you wanted to show your coalition the report. Or stir up wars by sending betrayal messages and the such. One could build an economy on selling info and it would be really really useful to have this in the game.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vamaw ().

• Vamaw wrote:

Since they removed resource exchanging via private messages, it became kind of difficult to sell information for money or other resources since the only way to actually get money from selling info was through the market, and it is really hard to use the market for that purpose. So, I came up with an idea that let's you sell your espionage reports directly to the person you want to sell to via private messaging. It would look like this:

Basically if you were to buy the Info then it would appear in your espionage tab titled as "Purchased reports". If somebody wanted to sell only certain parts of his reports then there also should be an option to do that. To counter the "You sold me the wrong info!" problem, if you were to click on the espionage report in the trade offer then it would tell you what it contains, not exactly what it contains but for example a message saying "This report contains messages, Army locations etc." and the day that this report was written. One more thing that would be useful is that you can post the report without a trade offer, it would be helpful if you wanted to show your coalition the report. Or stir up wars by sending betrayal messages and the such. One could build an economy on selling info and it would be really really useful to have this in the game.
      That is a very good and thoughtful way. Do you think it is possible if we can combine espionage reports of a country and sell them to you friendlies. But can you tell us about how we should deal with the price if you can get the reports yourself. I mean, why would you buy others report when you can get it yourself?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • A player can share espionage reports with shared intelligence relation included with high command. As this is a source of revenue for bytro, I doubt they will allow to be included for free.

However, the idea is good, I would much rather pay 10-20k cash early in the game than hire a set of spies I may or may not have the money for.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

What I am confused is, who will pay for your espionage when they can find out themselves.
      Because you can't put a spy in every nation without bankrupting yourself. And because it can be cheaper.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

• BeorntheBold wrote:

You can already share information with anyone you wish, just message them.
      True, but you can't sell your info that way.

BeorntheBold wrote:

An in game verification to the truth of the report would be a good idea, and sellable.
      Maybe, perhaps there could be an option to forge fake reports and sell them. Then your idea would be helpful.

• Vamaw wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

What I am confused is, who will pay for your espionage when they can find out themselves.
      Because you can't put a spy in every nation without bankrupting yourself. And because it can be cheaper.
      Fair enough, so what will your price be if you are going to sell espionage reports. For example espionage $100, what will be the price be? Will you be beneficial? If you are beneficial no-one would sell it. You should put a reply about exact cost of the espionage. The idea is good though
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Fair enough, so what will your price be if you are going to sell espionage reports. For example espionage $100, what will be the price be? Will you be beneficial? If you are beneficial no-one would sell it. You should put a reply about exact cost of the espionage. The idea is good though
      The average should be 10,000$, even though a spy costs 15,000$. Some reports are more valuable than others. For example, my spy in one country revealed to me all armies of that country. While my other spy only managed to reveal one army.