The amount of AI countries that declare war

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I don't believe there is an answer for this problem yet, everyone tells me the same thing "declare war, let everyone have RoW, trade with them even though your cutoff from the market" but these are fruitless steps and a waste of time in the long run. Besides how do they expect us to communicate with AI? You have a better chance negotiating with a dog, at least they wag their tales lol

Best way I found to deal with this problem is to attempt to destroy them all one by one.

First build up your armies (of course this will take a while since the AI basically shut down the market on you), second station defensive units on your rear boarders with countries you dont plan on attacking right away, third send all offensive units towards the countries that are closer to your country and weaker.

My theory is once the smaller/weaker countries are conquered your moral and popularity will begin to rise. (Because that is one less country at war with you, thus raising your economic output of your provinces)
    • Sorry Peachez, the AI is relentless, world map got 850 points now, game nearly over and only attacked 2 real players now, all the other points have come from, AI attacking me 1st. Strongest player on the map and even the smallest AI country will declare war within an hour of sharing a border. Setting them to RofW makes no difference at all.

The only thing that works is simply to leave a province border between you and the next AI country then once ready to fight again take those provinces that separate you from next AI.
    • Back to the issue of the thread, the only time I had AI declare war on me was when CoW had upgrade that changed 'fire at will setting' changed to fire at neutral countries too (That was a total mess and they changed back the settings) ... I usually declare war before I attack a nation, not always with embargo preceding, and never had this issues of AI declaring war on me ... 8)