The amount of AI countries that declare war

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The amount of AI countries that declare war

World at war map:
      Starting point Finland, Since the start of map after a few days I attacked Sweden then Norway, before I had finished Norway 2 AI countries declared war, that was okay but then since that I have not declared war once but every time I have a new border with AI it declares war. currently 5 countries all of which are countries where player went afk.

Add to the above since I declared war on Norway every AI country has a trade embargo on me, I am at the point where I have had no choice but spend all my gold just to defend against AI yet I am one of the strongest countries on the map.

2 AI countries declared war today and I am at the point of just giving up. Others in the game have been able to pick their targets and make strategic decisions while I am constantly with no materials and struggling to take back provinces at every border.

So my feedback is for crying out loud turn the AI down it is ruining the game.
    • GenghisKahn wrote:

World at war map:
      Starting point Finland, Since the start of map after a few days I attacked Sweden then Norway, before I had finished Norway 2 AI countries declared war, that was okay but then since that I have not declared war once but every time I have a new border with AI it declares war. currently 5 countries all of which are countries where player went afk.

Add to the above since I declared war on Norway every AI country has a trade embargo on me, I am at the point where I have had no choice but spend all my gold just to defend against AI yet I am one of the strongest countries on the map.

2 AI countries declared war today and I am at the point of just giving up. Others in the game have been able to pick their targets and make strategic decisions while I am constantly with no materials and struggling to take back provinces at every border.

So my feedback is for crying out loud turn the AI down it is ruining the game.
      I thought AI does not declare war unless you provoke them. What level is the AI?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • As of an update a few weeks ago the main AI is the Elite AI so global reputation is going to have to be monitored closely as if it gets too bad multiple AI's will attack all at once.

This thread has some ideas on how to manage relations with Elite AI:

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…ght=Elite%2BAI#post179718
      PrinceofHonor
      Senior Moderator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • PrinceofHonor wrote:

As of an update a few weeks ago the main AI is the Elite AI so global reputation is going to have to be monitored closely as if it gets too bad multiple AI's will attack all at once.

Really? so 3 days into the game before I attacked another player "Sweden" (player) then another 2 days before I attacked Norway (AI), Since then I have gathered 355 points and been at War constantly because the AI attacks and if I fight back your answer is "manage relations" TBH you are kidding me right?

every time I finish 1 AI off that attacked me I get war declared by another 1 or 2 AI, would be nice to actually be able to fight another human player, because right now this is ridiculous.

I get AI needed to be more aggressive, but this is not funny tbh, the AI plays 24/7 and the last time I declared war was 16 days ago. So maybe an idea to re educate the AI, after all I am not seeing any other AI attack the AI that attacks me!
    • PrinceofHonor wrote:

As of an update a few weeks ago the main AI is the Elite AI so global reputation is going to have to be monitored closely as if it gets too bad multiple AI's will attack all at once.

This thread has some ideas on how to manage relations with Elite AI:

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…ght=Elite%2BAI#post179718
      Conclusion: Dont harm your reparation
    • 1 AI country that declared war on me was in a fight with another player who went inactive, so when I fought back the 2nd AI country declared war on me, even though I saved it's ass.

I had set every AI country to ROW and it makes absolutely 0 difference, once 1 of them declare war on you they all seem to, as soon as you share a border, also every single AI country put me on trade ban, all because I fought 2 countries in the 1st 6 days, not declared war since, day 22 and currently at war with 5 AI.

So mentions of how to repair your standing have all flown out the window on this map.

This by far is the worst experience in this game I have had so far. I have to either give up this map or expect to have no sleep for the next two weeks, real players take a break but the AI is relentless.
    • GenghisKahn wrote:

It seems quite clear to me, the only way to manage your relations is simply, never declare war ever, then you can be the 1st one out but hey the whole world loves you :)
      If you are saying AI then the game would be a bit boring because no one is doing anything. The point of the game is to attack and try your best.
      BeaveRyan

• Exactly the point, if you read the above portions you will see that the AI is so aggressive, after declaring war at start of round on Sweden (player) then Norway, I have now amassed 470 points and not fought a real player since start. Every AI border after the 1st couple of days simply declares war, irrespective if I have been fighting their friend or foe.

Quite sad the only way to manage relations is to never start a war, do it once, end up rest of round fighting AI.
    • GenghisKahn wrote:

Exactly the point, if you read the above portions you will see that the AI is so aggressive, after declaring war at start of round on Sweden (player) then Norway, I have now amassed 470 points and not fought a real player since start. Every AI border after the 1st couple of days simply declares war, irrespective if I have been fighting their friend or foe.

Quite sad the only way to manage relations is to never start a war, do it once, end up rest of round fighting AI.
      So if you have enough players, try not to have Elite AI
      BeaveRyan

• Though in my last game as US in 39 historical map I had low popularity because of my large army, I have not had issues with AI declaring war on me. That may be because I always declared war before attacking- though not always using embargo beforehand. As BMfox said in another thread, "Just like in the real world going rogue on war would result in economical sanctions and maybe even a NATO deployment. In this regard the AI are not that different." ... 8)
    • I declared war, maybe it has something to do with. As I joined game I was 3rd person in, immediately I was most feared nation and have not moved from there at all. Strange though playing other maps and taking a few liberties on those and the AI have not even put me on trade embargo. For some reason this game the AI has had it in for me since day 1, did not even fight until day 3 or 4.
    • I just finished a 1939 Blitz as Germany - I attacked Poland (what would you expect Germany to do) from that point on EVERY AI country started a trade embargo. I didnt have to Declare War for the rest of the game. No sooner did I finish or almost finish killing a country ANOTHER AI declared war on me. It was a bit ridiculous and rather annoying. No Coals so I couldn't trade with another human. The Market was almost bare for the entire game. With the recent changes in this game I dont think I will be renewing my HC or spending anymore time and money.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • to be fair have not had same extent of problem - yes elite AI more aggressive but leave few troops and forts on border and they leave u alone -
      but have also used to my advantage playing as turkey I oved into inactive ally Caucasus with railgun and attacked both Ukraine and Cossack rep - moved back and let all three attack each other - made taking three countries much easier
    • The only way I have managed was finding out they declare war as soon as sharing a border, so now I leave a province in between me and next country, until I am ready for the attack that will come as soon as I take that province.

"to improve is to change, so to be perfect is to change often" Winston Churchill