Sitting convoys

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sitting convoys

New player and I have a country that has 3 transport ships parked by my coast, is this a ploy to bait me into attacking him? 1 transport has 20, and the others only have 2 each. I feel as though he is provoking me to attack. What is the best way to deal with this scenario? I believe I have the firepower to take him out, but wondering what this ploy consists of beforehand. Thanks
    • one game I don't think they even where planning on using some troops to naval invade, just reinforce a base (but they were going through the strait of Gibraltar, which was MINE) , as EZ Doolittle stated, the result was the same as if they were going to attack me though,=. I sent out destroyers, to well, destroy them. so yeah, if you got the navy to insure they cant naval invade you I would go at them
      FUNGUS! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* FUNGUS! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* FUNGUS!!!!
    • The Mediterranean Sea usually has several convoys scattered about.

Just keep in mind that convoys don’t actually identify the “contents” of the convoy and until you can get close enough to make the identification the convoy can be almost anything.

Obviously in your situation (owning Gibraltar) this situation of identification is not applicable.

However owning Gibraltar doesn’t mean you own the water surrounding it and as I mentioned at the start several countries will create convoys of units in the Mediterranean area. And so while it is always best to prepare defensively for a potential invasion, if I were invading the UK (assumption being made here) Gibraltar would no be my starting point since doing so would immediately require that I had to invade Spain or Morocco in order to expand elsewhere.

Of course if game is much further developed / advanced then entire last statement most likely is an invalid one.
      wb
    • If their not already gone, I would use subs or destroyers to sink them. Any convoys that come that close to your waters deserve to be sunk or bombed to death.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • Get a sub, and look around it. If there are any ships (cruisers, battleships, destroyers) near it then they're probably baiting you into attacking them, or protecting the convoy. If it's the first scenario, then I'd get a bunch of naval bombers and destroy the convoy. If it's the latter then I'd get a bunch of naval bombers..and destroy the convoy. I wouldn't let anyone I don't know stay that close near me.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vamaw ().

• Unless they are passing thru a narrow strait like Gibraltar, a convoy of 20 heading toward my homeland means invasion ... so get your planes, ships and artillery ready to give them a good reception ... 8)

The post was edited 1 time, last by gusv ().

• Just as a heads up, when facing convoys with like 10 or more troops, make sure to have more than 1 sub or destroyer, otherwise it's going to lose (although not without inflicting some losses into the enemy). I've once seen another player try to fight off my ~25 unit convoy with 2 or 3 subs, and he ended up losing (along with some of my troops), so you need to be careful.
    • the person in question for the Gibraltar incident had been at war with me for a few days but we made peace after nothing happened, so me seeing 2 light tanks heading my way made me make a maybe unwise decision but I did give them a message saying they had to move them or they would die, I gave them 10 minutes so they probs weren't online, then I think I posted something in the newspaper so everyone saw they had a warning and a chance to change the course of the convoys,
      FUNGUS! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* FUNGUS! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* FUNGUS!!!!
    • I would tell them they have 1 hour to move it from your coast and then they will be destroyed.
      Men you have fought like lions, and have been led by donkeys.
      General Erwin Rommel
      A good plan violently executed now is a better that a perfect plan executed next week.
      General George Patton, Jr.
    • You better blow them up. Or find a country they at war with and have them blow 'em up. Or tell them they got 30 secs to order their convoy to move, or you will take necessary action to protect the liberty of your people. I had a country put a lot of troops on my border once, so I ordered them to remove them or I will bomb their country out of the game, cuz at the time I had a large tactical bomber fleet and a larger strategic bomber fleet. So they got so scared they remove them, cuz they didn't want no smoke.
      Men you have fought like lions, and have been led by donkeys.
      General Erwin Rommel
      A good plan violently executed now is a better that a perfect plan executed next week.
      General George Patton, Jr.