Arming Nuclear submarines with Nuclear missiles.

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Arming Nuclear submarines with Nuclear missiles.

      New

      Think a moment about nuclear submarines. Nobody really uses them. High level normal submarines work just as well and are cheaper to produce. But, imagine if we could use nuclear submarines the same way we can in real life, to launch nuclear missiles from the sea. It would make them more useful, and therefore more often used. Plus, it adds more strategy to nuclear warfare. It helps launch nuclear missiles at countries usually untouchable in larger maps due to water. Of course, they cant just launch nuclear missiles infinitely, that would be entirely broken. Instead, I propose you can only launch one nuclear rocket in a set period of time. Once that one use is expended, you must wait a set amount of time before launching another one, like how you have to wait for paratroopers to regroup once landed before they can move.
      These nuclear submarines would be a bit more expensive to build than current ones, but would be cheaper than conventional nuclear missiles ( I.E. smaller warheads, no excessive launch space, etc.) I would say producing one would take about 5000 food ( since it would use the same crew as current nuclear subs ) 10,000 rare materials, and 20 - 25 thousand dollars ( using a medium for its cost.) Such a unit would have the same research time, though it would require research of the nuclear missile before production. It would also have the same production time.
      This is just an idea I had after playing some Doomsday maps. Please comment as to any suggestions or criticism towards my idea. Thank you. ^^
      "Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless." -Adolf Hitler
    • New

      The War Machine 7 wrote:

      Think a moment about nuclear submarines. Nobody really uses them. High level normal submarines work just as well and are cheaper to produce. But, imagine if we could use nuclear submarines the same way we can in real life, to launch nuclear missiles from the sea. It would make them more useful, and therefore more often used. Plus, it adds more strategy to nuclear warfare. It helps launch nuclear missiles at countries usually untouchable in larger maps due to water. Of course, they cant just launch nuclear missiles infinitely, that would be entirely broken. Instead, I propose you can only launch one nuclear rocket in a set period of time. Once that one use is expended, you must wait a set amount of time before launching another one, like how you have to wait for paratroopers to regroup once landed before they can move.
      These nuclear submarines would be a bit more expensive to build than current ones, but would be cheaper than conventional nuclear missiles ( I.E. smaller warheads, no excessive launch space, etc.) I would say producing one would take about 5000 food ( since it would use the same crew as current nuclear subs ) 10,000 rare materials, and 20 - 25 thousand dollars ( using a medium for its cost.) Such a unit would have the same research time, though it would require research of the nuclear missile before production. It would also have the same production time.
      This is just an idea I had after playing some Doomsday maps. Please comment as to any suggestions or criticism towards my idea. Thank you. ^^
      This cannot happen because this game is based on World War 2 things and they do not put modern style things. But some other Bytro games have that
      Ryan
      EN Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fifth Grade
      Forum Staff Sergeant
    • New

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      This cannot happen because this game is based on World War 2 things and they do not put modern style things. But some other Bytro games have that

      OneNutSquirrel wrote:

      First submarines carrying a missiles with a nuclear payload did not appear till 1960, 15 years after WWII Ended. So timeline doesn't match up with WWII game..
      Well, if were talking timeline, for example, the SM-62 Snark ( the US's Nuclear rocket ) wasn't used until 1958. The MGM-13 Mace wasn't used until 1956. I don't think it upsets the parallel history to have these things in, it just moves along the longer games, from WW2 up to the Cold War. Conflict of Nations, another great title by BYTRO games, is more of a modern war game, or WW3. So it would make sense to add early cold war technology to the game. That being said, I respect your opinion and see your point of view.
      "Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless." -Adolf Hitler
    • New

      The War Machine 7 wrote:

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      This cannot happen because this game is based on World War 2 things and they do not put modern style things. But some other Bytro games have that

      OneNutSquirrel wrote:

      First submarines carrying a missiles with a nuclear payload did not appear till 1960, 15 years after WWII Ended. So timeline doesn't match up with WWII game..
      Well, if were talking timeline, for example, the SM-62 Snark ( the US's Nuclear rocket ) wasn't used until 1958. The MGM-13 Mace wasn't used until 1956. I don't think it upsets the parallel history to have these things in, it just moves along the longer games, from WW2 up to the Cold War. Conflict of Nations, another great title by BYTRO games, is more of a modern war game, or WW3. So it would make sense to add early cold war technology to the game. That being said, I respect your opinion and see your point of view.
      You can see it in both ways, World War 2 should be before the Cold War. It is in the 1940s and 1956 is too far "ahead"
      Ryan
      EN Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fifth Grade
      Forum Staff Sergeant