Kamikaze Planes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kamikaze Planes

I really think Japan should have an option for kamikaze planes, it was a very strong strategy to sink the USA navy forces.
      It will be very good for the game community if it will be added to the game, it is a great idea and i think many people.
      Will like this idea. If u dont want to add it "only" for Japan u can put it as an option at the "Secret research" like every
      One have an option to build "railroadgun".

Another small idea, is that every country will have option to build 5 leaders from the WW2(1 will be the country
      President) and this leaders can merge to the other units and give those units 5-10 points for the attack/defence power
      And also those units will be a little bit more bigger so everyone will can know that is a units with a leader.

Please let me know what u guys think
    • I don't think anyone wants to remember Kamikaze's. They weren't put in the game for a good reason. And using Kamikaze planes wasn't "a very strong strategy", it was a last resort.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance

The post was edited 2 times, last by Vamaw ().

• Yes it was a last resort but it made a very strong damage to USA, i do believe people will like it very much if it will be add. A new units can always improve the game, if we are talking about WW2 we cannot ignore the kamikaze planes they are important part of this war(USA remember them very well).

I was hope that rocket fighter will be a kamikaze but they are not, if i have them why do i need Interceptor aircraft?
      So i really think the admins should think about this idea a little bit more it will be great improvement for the game.

USS Bunker Hill was hit by kamikazes piloted by Ensign Kiyoshi Ogawa (photo below) and Lieutenant Junior Grade Seizō Yasunori on 11 May 1945. Out of a crew of 2,600 on Bunker Hill, 389 personnel were killed or officially listed as missing and 264 were wounded.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Queen Anne ().

• Kamikaze planes are basically pilots committing suicide. Yes, this tactic is real and was used in WW2 but that doesn't change the fact that it was terrible. Call of war is just a game, but I don't think it should include people blowing themselves up. It's a matter of opinion, some people like it, some people don't..like me.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vamaw ().

• Use Level 1 rockets, then you have your Kamikaze feeling -- or higher levels for simulating more
      "experienced" Kamikaze pilots .. :whistling:

But basically, every plane here can used as a kamikaze - you just have to let it attack long enough. :00008359:

Kamikaze mainly were based by the desperate situation, fuel shortages and a carrier deficient ..

.. but real kamikaze missions would be very nonsensical in this game because all in all it's very inefficient to sacrifice planes (and pilots :00008185: ) in a one-off attack ..

.. instead of researching, building and then sacrificing reusable weapons (planes) one can rather take the anyway disposable rockets for that. ;)

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • I also suggest rockets.

Keep in mind that level 1 and 2 rockets are ineffective on ships. Level 3 or higher is necessary for that.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • In real life, kamikazes were, as someone said, a last resort. Two key reasons for the desperation was a shortage of experienced pilots at that stage of the war and hindrances to production caused by strategic bombing (both problems also faced by Germany). One other factor was the cultural disposition to suicide rather than lose honor.

Although some experienced pilots were involved, the majority of kamikaze pilots were inexperienced. Some were wired into the cockpits so they couldn't bail out. They were somewhat effective at first but overall did not achieve the hoped for results.

In CoW terms, there is little that kamikaze units could add to the game. Since the air units are on a one-way trip, their range could be extended, but they would not be capable of the patrol order, nor could they return from their attack, whether successful or not. Since they represent aircraft filled with explosives, basically a flying bomb, they should do more damage than a normal aircraft unit, and they should be targeted at a specific ship instead of the damage being spread randomly in a stack. Probably linking them to a researched technology is a good idea, too, representing the development of the cultural disposition necessary to have them. They also should reflect a diminished pilot pool, perhaps by requiring more manpower to make them than for normal air units.
    • Vamaw wrote:

I don't think anyone wants to remember Kamikaze's. They weren't put in the game for a good reason. And using Kamikaze planes wasn't "a very strong strategy", it was a last resort.
      I agree. If this game were really realistic, there would be mass suicides of population in Japan, famines in Russia, and the holocaust in Germany. At the end of the day, this is just a game, and sometimes things are better left inaccurate.