New Spy: Report Forger

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Spy: Report Forger

A Report Forger (not the best name, I know) is a type of spy that alters a countries espionage reports.

The idea is simple:

For example, If I employ a Report Forger in a foreign country, there is a small chance that any espionage reports that country receives from their spies will be either exaggerated, greatly exaggerated or underrated based on the player's preference. If I pick exaggerated, and my Report Forger successfully manages to alter a report, then an army of two light tanks will be revealed as four light tanks and a random other unit. A province with a level one factory and level two barracks will be revealed as a province with a level one bunker, level three factory a level three barracks and a random other building. Three spies revealed will become six spies. 20,000 resources will become 30,000 and so on. The chance that someone might fall for the report is based on a player's own intelligence (brain) so you may never know if your espionage reports are true, or false. The units wage should be about 6,000$, the chance of success is 15%-30% based on the amount of Report Forgers you have in one country. The chance of them getting caught should be a bit higher than an intelligence spy and they should also be able to alter reports of gold intelligence-related espionage. I'm pretty sure this will require some programming but it would make players a lot more paranoid towards their spies.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance
    • It's an interesting idea, but would they be placed in your country, like counter-espionage, or in their country, like intelligence spies. It would make sense for them to be in your country, like double agents, giving false reports, but that might be a bit broken, as you would never be able to trust your intelligence reports.
      "Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless." -Adolf Hitler.

“Always winter, but never Christmas”
      –Mr. Tumnus, The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
    • The War Machine 7 wrote:

It's an interesting idea, but would they be placed in your country, like counter-espionage, or in their country, like intelligence spies. It would make sense for them to be in your country, like double agents, giving false reports, but that might be a bit broken, as you would never be able to trust your intelligence reports.

Vamaw wrote:

If I employ a Report Forger in a foreign country
      There would be too much confusion if they acted like counter-espionage. Mainly because there's a chance that they might have more than one spy in more than one province. And counter-espionage spies only take down spies in their province.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance