Declaring War

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Declaring War

​Just asking, do you normally declare war on the following? ​Inactive Player AI Elite AI Player with lower rank than you 11
        All of the above (8) 73%
        3 of them (0) 0%
        1-2 of them (3) 27%
        I normally declare war on active players higher than me to challenge myself (0) 0%
      Just asking, do you normally declare war on the following?

1. Inactive Player
      2. AI
      3. Elite AI
      4. Player with lower rank than you
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • The first three are all the same, All AI is now elite, and when a player is declared inactive the elite AI is in charge of their country.

I choose targets starting with most dangerous to me. Generally this means higher ranked players first. ;)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • if you are asking in which order to attack then I agree with vorlon

if you asking as your post States would I DECLARE war on them - presuming you mean prior to just attacking them then yes I always place troops as requires , right upto border. then declare war then attack.

attacking without declaring war reduces your popularity with AI making you more likely to be embargoed OR ATTACKED BY ai
    • I declare war on everybody I am about to attack.

1. It makes me look better in the newspaper. The whole world was appalled does not make my day.
      2. My morale is better now that elite AI is mainstream. if you don't declare war before attacking, woe unto you and your morale.
      3. Gives them one less reason to complain about when they are defeated
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • Good topic ... As Telmah69, I always declare war before I attack an opponent ... However, I was told that in the last update that it's better to embargo them first 24 hrs before attack ... In a current game, I got inpatient and declared war on opponent 21 hrs after embargo (had to go ZZZ) ... Can anybody elaborate on pros and cons of declaring war before 24 hrs are up on embargo? ... Is it possible to reduce embargo requirement on declaring war to 12 hrs before attack? ... ?(
    • So far I have not seen anyone able to explain in detail the mechanics of how world popularity is determined. I have experimented by embargoing 24 hours in advance of declaring, embargoing just before day change and then declaring shortly after day change, ignoring day change and just embargoing a few hours before declaring, etc. and can't tell any difference but then again there is not enough data to even know what normal is. My popularity has stayed in the 70-80% range no matter what method I used. If I had the right method, would it have risen more? Don't know. Would it have dropped less? Don't know. Kind of frustrating.