Impact of USA in Alliance World Cup 5x5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Impact of USA in Alliance World Cup 5x5

I hope that there is some data on the first round and subsequent rounds.

In general I am curious if the results show that the teams with the USA are less likely to win>?

Additionally I would like to get some data on the number of players that went inactive in the first 5 days not so much as were made inactive by the computer, but those players that had problems and had a few days of down/dead time. And how that related to results.

Also are there three major countries that appear repeatedly in the winning column such as Russia, Turkey and France?
      or who ever.

My feeling is that a more balanced event scenario would be a 4x4 on the 10 player map where the USA is made not available for players to take.

What do you all think>? :?:
    • If you are talking about the 39 historical map, in my first two games there inexperienced US players got whipped by Canada early in the game. In my third game I took the US and won in coalition with two other nations. In my current game (#4), an experienced US player whipped Canada. I have Japan (allied with Tibet) and asked him to join our coalition. Hope he/she does! ... :)
    • Without going through the data, USA was on the winning team in quite a few important games.

The peace period of 3 days was specifically designed so that American forces could reach Europe before the war started.

I am not aware of any teams that aspires to compete on the AWC and then went inactive. The play is very competitive.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I am very interested in the data results of the country match up.
      We had an inactive player due to military duty.

Currently am in one game
      USA Sweden Yugoslavia Spain Soviet Union
      vs
      UK France Germany Italy Turkey

This was quite a shock in that on one side you have 4 powers adjacent and thus total internal lines vs a set up where none of the countries were adjacent and only the closest was Sweden and the Soviets.
    • EZ, you are in the discord for the AWC. I believe you have access to all the data from last year in the archive as well as the current data. If you take the time to analyze it, I am sure everyone will be interested :)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• gusv wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Same. How many games are you playing right now?
      Currently playing one as Japan in 39 map ... Never played more than two at a time (takes a lot of time investment to play this game and I suspect most of us have a life outside of CoW) ... :)
      Yeah, never played more than ONE. I can only focus on it. I once played 2 and I just cannot do it.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Would the following be more representative and/or balanced ('Europe- Road to War Map') ...

Alliance of Totalitarian States:
      Soviet Union
      Germany
      Italy
      Spain
      Yugoslavia

vs. Alliance of Free Republics:
      USA
      UK
      France
      Turkey
      Sweden
    • EZ Dolittle wrote:

Looks like France is in a world of hurt.
      That is a possibility, but it depends on how the team plays it.

For example you could have all the starting troops of Usa, UK, and Sweden come to France for the end of peace. That would give two armies to take on either Germany or Spain, while 2 defended.

Naturally this would give the opposing side a chance to put the pressure of 3 countries on the German/France border as well. So results are not guaranteed, It would depend on the maneuvering and combat skills within the low countries.

Turkey would be isolated, which would make it hard tor Turkey to break out, but properly played it would force Yugo and Soviet Union to use their forces to contain Turkey, so that in itself could be enough to tip the balance at the other front.

Personally I find it more fun to have France and UK on opposite sides, as it puts a lot of maneuvering into trying to invade across the channel.

VorlonFCW

• gusv wrote:

Here is another shot at trying to get a more representative and/or balanced ('Europe- Road to War Map')- just using geography, not politics ...

Western bloc:
      USA
      UK
      France
      Spain
      Sweden

Eastern bloc:
      Soviet Union
      Germany
      Italy
      Turkey
      Yugoslavia
      With this map 3 days of peace is too long in my opinion. It will lead to a trench war with a line of forts and a lot of "shoot and scoot" by artillery at each other's fort. Slow, painful, annoying game that would be with 3 days peace.

Now with 2 days for AI or human, that layout could be more interesting.

VorlonFCW