Call of War for NEWBIES CHECK IT OUT PART 1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Call of War for NEWBIES CHECK IT OUT PART 1

This is an introduction of Call of War for new players. So first thing first, when you go into a game. Probably the first thing you see is the Resource Button

Resource

• Oil/Fuel
      • Food
      • Metal
      • Rare Material
      • Manpower
      • Goods
      • Money

These are the resources of Call of War, lets see what these resources do.

Oil/Fuel

For the first few days of the game, you will not need to worry about your fuel because you will not have many chances to use it. But after that, when you start producing tanks, naval units or planes, you will start using up fuel everyday so you might need to start getting some stock for your oil/fuel. Try to produce only infantry units in the beginning of the game. Remember that you still use up fuel everyday because your armoured vehicles use it.

Food

The food icon looks like wheat but it is called food. It is a really important source and you might need to use it in the first couple of days. Most people start spamming barracks when they start gaming. That is when your food starts to go lower. Your provinces use up food as well, so if you are owning a big country like Russia Empire. You might need to slow the producing of Infantry. Infantry/Militia and similar things take up food and they still eat after you produced them, it is not a one-time payment. Barracks also take up 500/1000 food units. If you do run out food, NEVER spam barracks and NEVER build lots infantry. Continuing to conquer also makes a difference because province will take up food so you might keep your attacking for later until you get enough food. NOTE: YOU CAN ALSO CONQUER FOOD PRODUCER PROVINCES OF OTHER PLAYERS. ALSO, IF YOUR FOOD PROVINCE IS ATTAKED, YOU ARE DOOMED.

Metal

You might think that the material that you have most is metal, but that is just the beginning of the game. In the starting of the game, you just need to research and build militia/infantry but after that, you would start producing tanks and other armoured vehicles, they are made of metal and you will need to use that to produce tanks. So you can save Metal for later. Please note that they are not only for tanks, you need metal to build industrial complex and infrastructures. So do not overuse them.

Rare Material

You can tell from the name that it is rare and you do not get a lot so you may as well use it wisely. People normally use it for Research and I will tell you about later. Try to upgrade your industrial complex other than building one because they cost a lot.

Manpower

This is one of the things you should not be worried of unless you are invaded. EVERY single province is producing manpower and you should get enough to produce your troops. Please note that you will eventually run out of manpower if you sit in your country because you get 15% extra production for active barracks

Goods

I normally start running out of goods if I produce a lot of army units or producing a lot of infrastructures. But you shouldn’t run out because they produce at 500/hour should buying that would be a waste. You need goods for almost everything that you do, without goods you can't do anything in this game

Money

This would be self-explanatory, primarily, you need money to produce buildings/structures and units. Also, money is used for buying things in trade markets. You normally buy stuff in trade market when you need more resource eg. Goods, rare material. Please note that you cannot buy people/manpower from others. You can also use money to hire spies to give you information about your enemies. This is called espionage on the left side of your screen if you are using a computer. NOTE: When you are in a non-core province (Seized Province), you can only get ½ of the money as production.

Please feel free to give some comments and I will change it. Maybe let new players see this. If I need to change something or I wrote something wrong, TELL ME.

I want to especially thank BMfox for his contributions to this thread. I have edited it and if you think there is anything else that need to be added, please tell me.
      Ryan
      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum Major General
      Training Alliance Leader

Picture: Contagious Disease ward Wuhan.

Good Luck Wuhan
      加油武汉

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ryan04px2025 ().

• gusv wrote:

Nice job Ryan ... I'm one of those guys that always have to keep an eye on my food and fuel inventories because I got this obsession about maintaining large armies ... :thumbup:
      121 units would definitely be enough... :)
      Ryan
      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Forum Major General
      Training Alliance Leader

Good Luck Wuhan
      加油武汉
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

gusv wrote:

Nice job Ryan ... I'm one of those guys that always have to keep an eye on my food and fuel inventories because I got this obsession about maintaining large armies ... :thumbup:
      121 units would definitely be enough... :)
      Eats up my food...
      Ryan
      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Forum Major General
      Training Alliance Leader

Good Luck Wuhan
      加油武汉
    • Ryan
      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Forum Major General
      Training Alliance Leader

Good Luck Wuhan
      加油武汉
    • Your guide is well written aspecially for a first one. Unfortunately you advice players to make classic beginners mistakes. Here are some notes:

Oil: mention that armor, air and navy branch use oil as upkeep. Better not to produce those in the first days of the game but to produce infantry branch units.

Food: best not to produce infantry and militia at all. You already start with 18 infantry, better build artillery, AT and AA. And yes those have no food upkeep.

Metal: everyone always produces most tanks but you forget that you need to build a strong economy to support your army. You will need metal to upgrade your Industrial Complexes and Infrastructure.

Rares: never ever build an industrial complex! Upgrade the industrial complexes that you have, that's cheap to do. A level 5 Industrial Complex produces 50% extra resources and trains your units double as fast. So if you want a big army you upgrade your IC and don't build any. You upgrade what you have and you repair IC level 2 or more of the provinces you conquer. If you have spare resouces in the late game you can build an industrial complex in a double resource province but only if you have already built a infrastructure level 3 there. Those also produce 50% resources extra.

Manpower: Active barracks produce 15% extra manpower. If you expand you will always have enough manpower. If you just sit in your country you will run out eventually.

Goods: You need goods for everything that you do, without goods you can't do anything in this game

Money: Has not been mentioned?

Money: You need money for everything that you do, without goods you can't do anything in this game. With money you can recruit spies that give you extra options and advantages. If you have more money to spend you can buy resources in the market. If you conquer someone's capital you will receive half of their money which is a boost for your economy and army production.
    • Why do you keep insisting one should build infantry/militia? Militia is a inferior unit but has it's use in a game. You already start with 18 infantry there's no need for more. Together with your food cost for research you will be out of food in no time/ The first 10 units I produce are 8 artillery and 2 LT. Use the troops you have as meat shield to protect your arty and just shoot the enemy to scraps. Oh yeah, arty doesn't cost food and you won't loose a single unit so you don't waste resources on replacing armies neither. AA, AT and arty are very powerfull units in the start of a game.
    • BMfox wrote:

Why do you keep insisting one should build infantry/militia? Militia is a inferior unit but has it's use in a game. You already start with 18 infantry there's no need for more. Together with your food cost for research you will be out of food in no time/ The first 10 units I produce are 8 artillery and 2 LT. Use the troops you have as meat shield to protect your arty and just shoot the enemy to scraps. Oh yeah, arty doesn't cost food and you won't loose a single unit so you don't waste resources on replacing armies neither. AA, AT and arty are very powerfull units in the start of a game.
      Sometimes, you use militia for homeland defence. I agree with the others
      Ryan
      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Forum Major General
      Training Alliance Leader

Good Luck Wuhan
      加油武汉