attack and defence mod

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• attack and defence mod

can someone pls clarify
      if I have stack of units including range attack units like artillery or railgun, and choose to hit enemy force, my stack stops moving as soon as my range units can fire. so here is the issue

if my stack for argument contains artillery/arty and infantry/inf and I attack medium tanks /mt. then the mt decides to move into close combat id presume that:-

my arty gets att mod vs mt getting def mod ------ as my artillery started attack and have been continuously firing and this stays the case even when tanks in close combat

but my infantry who have been stationary and now in close combat

my inf get def mod vs mt getting att mod ---- as the mt closed into battle
    • I'll try to explain it as best as I can:
      Artillery firing from a distance is always attacking. If it comes into close combat at any point, it then defends. Moving units will attack the unit that is stationary. If they are both moving, that one in it's own territory usually defends.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • Well when an artillery is in stack with for example a tank. Then when the artillery Is within range to attack, they stop to attack. But when the artillery stops, the tank also stops. They will not go to the front to attack. That but be the problem. Maybe you can post this on the bug fix because I cannot do it. That will count as repost. I hope this helps.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Well when an artillery is in stack with for example a tank. Then when the artillery Is within range to attack, they stop to attack. But when the artillery stops, the tank also stops. They will not go to the front to attack. That but be the problem. Maybe you can post this on the bug fix because I cannot do it. That will count as repost. I hope this helps.
      Its not a bug you simply need to split your tanks away from artillery and they will keep moving.
      Call Of War All-Time Wins Leader
      Top 20 player
      Frontline Pioneer
    • For starters, read this:

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…&postID=180197#post180197

Then this is good:

General Nightman wrote:

Moving units will attack the unit that is stationary

And keep in mind that any unit will defend itself using defensive stats every single time it is attacked by any other unit or group of units.

This:

General Nightman wrote:

If they are both moving, that one in it's own territory usually defends.
      Isn't quite true. If both are moving, then EACH ONE will attack, and each one will defend from the other's attack. Does this make sense?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Citizenkane wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Well when an artillery is in stack with for example a tank. Then when the artillery Is within range to attack, they stop to attack. But when the artillery stops, the tank also stops. They will not go to the front to attack. That but be the problem. Maybe you can post this on the bug fix because I cannot do it. That will count as repost. I hope this helps.
      Its not a bug you simply need to split your tanks away from artillery and they will keep moving.
      Well yeah, but would it be better if It just automatically do it? It would be better for new players.
      BeaveRyan

• At a certain point you have to actually conduct your battle yourself.

If you want everything automated so you can just watch the movie then it isn't' really a game of skill, just a mildly amusing sequence of lights on the screen. :P
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

At a certain point you have to actually conduct your battle yourself.

If you want everything automated so you can just watch the movie then it isn't' really a game of skill, just a mildly amusing sequence of lights on the screen. :P
      Well kind of
      BeaveRyan