Vassal States

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Vassal States

I think that a good edition to the game would be the option to create vassal states. As empires grow and fall, countries are lost in the wind of time, never to be seen again; but if there was a way to recreate those countries. I personally have, as my empires grew, had many sections of my empire that were of no militaristic or economical use to me because i had more important matters elsewhere; but if there were ways to create a nation that would be your close ally, give economy and military aide when requested and help improve your global popularity, I believe it would add more of a realistic air to the game. The vassal states could also be based less directly on your global popularity(since they are still associated with your nation) and more on regional popularity(if a set of provinces doesn't want to become independent then the morale will drop(if they have plenty of industry and ports already) or if they have nothing going on in them they will want more independence). Vassal states can also rejoin your nation if you choose(also morale based based on how well they like their current state). Vassal states can also have the chance to rebel as a region and join a new country if the morale is below 35%(morale with vassal states can be based regionally). With vassal states you can also request more or less of resources and military(vassals produce regional military that can't leave the state unless taken control by the ruling nation through troop requests) which will affect the morale of the region. Vassal states can still be counted as part of the ruling nation's score and can not have individual diplomatic relations with other countries.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AirTrout1422739 ().

• AirTrout1422739 wrote:

I think that a good edition to the game would be the option to create vassal states. As empires grow and fall, countries are lost in the wind of time, never to be seen again; but if there was a way to recreate those countries. I personally have, as my empires grew, had many sections of my empire that were of no militaristic or economical use to me because i had more important matters elsewhere; but if there were ways to create a nation that would be your close ally, give economy and military aide when requested and help improve your global popularity, I believe it would add more of a realistic air to the game. The vassal states could also be based less directly on your global popularity(since they are still associated with your nation) and more on regional popularity(if a set of provinces doesn't want to become independent then the morale will drop(if they have plenty of industry and ports already) or if they have nothing going on in them they will want more independence). Vassal states can also rejoin your nation if you choose(also morale based based on how well they like their current state). Vassal states can also have the chance to rebel as a region and join a new country if the morale is below 35%(morale with vassal states can be based regionally). With vassal states you can also request more or less of resources and military(vassals produce regional military that can't leave the state unless taken control by the ruling nation through troop requests) which will affect the morale of the region. Vassal states can still be counted as part of the ruling nation's score and can not have individual diplomatic relations with other countries.
      Can you explain a bit more in bullet points? Because it is in clumps

• Like this
      Anyways, so who is going to run the country?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • -overlooked by father nation-run by AI which is governed by regional morale
      -can only be created if it includes all of the nations core provinces
      -based on the morale of the provinces in the nation that you want to create a vassal(high morale=better vassal state with higher production/low morale= more of a chance to rebel as an entire state)
      -able to set a daily quota that you will receive from the vassal state(higher quota=lower morale but more resources/lower quota=higher morale but less resources)
      -vassal states will still count as end game points to the nation they belong to
      -you can uncreate a vassal state but it will lower morale and popularity
      -vassal states rebellion will result in a new nation being formed and not it joining another one
      -military in vassals will only be produced according to quota
      -vassals raise global popularity when created but can effect popularity if quota is too high
      -individual diplomatic relations are not possible because they are still part of the ruling nation
    • AirTrout1422739 wrote:

-overlooked by father nation-run by AI which is governed by regional morale
      -can only be created if it includes all of the nations core provinces
      -based on the morale of the provinces in the nation that you want to create a vassal(high morale=better vassal state with higher production/low morale= more of a chance to rebel as an entire state)
      -able to set a daily quota that you will receive from the vassal state(higher quota=lower morale but more resources/lower quota=higher morale but less resources)
      -vassal states will still count as end game points to the nation they belong to
      -you can uncreate a vassal state but it will lower morale and popularity
      -vassal states rebellion will result in a new nation being formed and not it joining another one
      -military in vassals will only be produced according to quota
      -vassals raise global popularity when created but can effect popularity if quota is too high
      -individual diplomatic relations are not possible because they are still part of the ruling nation
      It is pretty good but wouldn't it just make it harder for attackers?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • It's an interesting concept, but all they really do is give you resources that you would've already had from occupying their provinces. It's like eating a cake, you can eat the cake one-by-one yourself, or have someone else feed it to you at the same pace. Besides acting as a non-effective shield, that's all they do.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance