Unit Speed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm wondering how a stack with AT and Infantry can over take a stack of Light Tanks, SP Arty and SP Anti-air? I mean, the Infantry is on foot, right?
      “Actions speak louder than words. In the days to come the Goddess of Victory will bestow her laurels only on those who prepared to act with daring.” -Heinz Guderian
    • Depends on who owns the province, level of research, and the terrain of course.

Each unit has different speeds on different terrain.

In this example I have an AT researched to level 5:

You can see the speed in mountains is 19 km/hour

Compared to a level 3 SP artillery:

Which has a speed in the mountains of 18 Km/hour.

A group of units is limited to the speed of the slowest unit included in the group.

So in this case an AT will be able to chase down a SP Arty in the mountains.

Then you have the ownership of the province. In your own provinces you travel at 100% of the rated speed.

In allied provinces you travel at 80% of the rated speed.

In enemy provinces you travel at 50 % of the rated speed.

So if your high speed units are in a hostile province, there is always the possibility that they can be overtaken by slower units. If the situation is reversed, slower units have no chance to catch faster units on their own turf.
      Images
      • A speed 1.jpg

84.42 kB, 671×642, viewed 126 times
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Crister wrote:

I'm wondering how a stack with AT and Infantry can over take a stack of Light Tanks, SP Arty and SP Anti-air? I mean, the Infantry is on foot, right?
      Troop movements in own provinces are inherently faster because of the better knowledge of terrain and infrastructure. ;)

Aah, Vorlon was faster than me -- yes, he also knows his terrain better .. ^^

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().