Terminating Units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Terminating Units

At one time in a doomsday map, I made a stupid mistake, producing railroadguns by the load. At first I though that this was beneficial since they didn't take any oil or food. But when they started increasing in numbers, 1 to 5, 5 to 10, 10 to 20, my food and oil consumption was just ridiculous. My food bumped from -150 -470 something, while my oil turned from -80 to -200 something. My morale was so low, that I had to put at least one troop in every non-core province. I thought of sacrificing them, but my nearest enemy was very far away from my railroad division, and they move so, so slow. So I came up with an idea, decommissioning units, or just terminate them.

It's really that simple, when you click on a unit, there should be an option to terminate them in the far left corner or anywhere else that we usually don't click on, followed by a confirmation and whoosh, they're gone. it if it's a stack, it'll tell you exactly what and how many units you want to terminate. About 25-50% of the resources used making the unit will be compensated and the units consumption and the unit itself will no longer exist. Useful in case of an economic crisis or high consumption costs.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vamaw ().

• Vamaw wrote:

At one time in a doomsday map, I made a stupid mistake, producing railroadguns by the load. At first I though that this was beneficial since they didn't take any oil or food. But when they started increasing in numbers, 1 to 5, 5 to 10, 10 to 20, my food and oil consumption was just ridiculous. My food bumped from -150 -470 something, while my oil turned from -80 to -200 something. My morale was so low, that I had to put at least one troop in every non-core province. I thought of sacrificing them, but my nearest enemy was very far away from my railroad division, and they move so, so slow. So I came up with an idea, decommissioning units, or just terminate them.

It's really that simple, when you click on a unit, there should be an option to terminate them in the far left corner or anywhere else that we usually don't click on, followed by a confirmation and whoosh, they're gone. it if it's a stack, it'll tell you exactly what and how many units you want to terminate. About 25-50% of the resources used making the unit will be compensated and the units consumption and the unit itself will no longer exist. Useful in case of an economic crisis or high consumption costs.
      There was that post a long time ago. The solution is to send them to the front without attacking. That will terminate it:)
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Vamaw wrote:

There was that post a long time ago. The solution is to send them to the front without attacking. That will terminate it:)
      Like I said, the front was very far away, about 5 days march in my gunners case.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

• The idea is already as old as the game itself, but is luckily not desired by the majority of players (and hopefully never implemented), because it's a greater challenge without to have any option to delete / disband units (and perhaps even get back some resources :rolleyes: ) ..

.. everyone starts with almost same conditions, and it's to manage when, where and why which units (and buildings) should be build and used best (and especially better than the opponent players), and others better not or maybe later, what makes this game to a demanding strategic thinking game in WW II optic (not a simulation) and differentiates it from a trivial "Quick-Click-Shooter".

Unnecessary units, however, can since ever easily be scrapped, even without seek help of enemies, by stacking them somewhere on land or even better at sea and let them terminate by a friendly neighbor / ally with a few rockets or ship artillery -- it needs only a short "friendly" war and then back to Shared Map ;) .

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • I can’t agree with you guys cause my vision on the importance of stats differ from yours. I’m happy we have a different view point and we share it in a calm and educate manner. I don’t want to send my troops to die needlessly cause that will lower the stats which I care about, so thank you for that suggestion but the problem still remains
      I believe my suggestions should be taken seriously. Although I don't agree with them all, I will still talk in an educated and polite manner.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Spiffolo: Cleaned up the insults and fix the text to actually be educated and with an open dialogue ().

• NoIWillNot99 wrote:

you all are so stupid accept the person who brought this idea up your actually a genius but the stupids in here no one wants to stack up a bunch of useless units and send them to die that's insane and idiotic I'm sorry but I actually care about my stats and that idea should definitely be added no matter what anyone says not even the developers cuz they don't even know what we want and restrisiko you don't know what your on about that idea is needed same as an annexation system and you should tape that pie hole shut we don't need your input because people like you stop us from getting good updates
      Dude chill, doing this earns you more enemies than friends...
      BeaveRyan

• NoIWillNot99 wrote:

What I'm spilling facts and you don't like that nah dude I don't think I will
      That is just your opinion. I have my opinion and you have yours. No ones opinion is correct or wrong, you just see it in another perspective. Having someone else facts as "stupid" does not help. Maybe talking to Restrisiko a bit nicer would be great. So lets just make the forum place a bit more peaceful. :)
      BeaveRyan

• Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Maybe talking to Restrisiko a bit nicer would be great.
      Where I come from, articulations like NoIWillNot99's is the most tender mode of expression which is possible -- that's why I ever feel pleasantly flattered through such speeches.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Every month there's someone who want to terminate his troops and it's useless for these reasons:

1) If you have too many units attack another player or AI, this way you expand your territory and put those troops to good use.
      2) Every country is different and it's economy doesn't support the same game style. Adapt your army to your economical strengths. If you produce a lot of food for example then go for motorized and mechanized infantry rather then medium tanks.
      3) You learn from your mistakes, if you can simply delete units players will never learn and make the same mistakes over and over again.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Well I fail to see how disbanding units has any negative effect on the game whatsoever. The ability to undo some mistakes is beside the point; it is not unheard of that units outlive their usefulness - once they were needed, now they are not. In real life they would be disbanded. It has the positive effect of allowing more flexibility. And what's more, many players want to be able to do it. Those that don't can simply not use it....ohhh they don't want anyone ELSE to be able to do it.

Quite simply it's ridiculous that the feature isn't there.
    • I imagine it could be tested on fronpioneers server: disbanding single unit gives you -1 to dayswitch moral modifyers for at least 1 day.

Let see how happy you are...

spoiler contains vulgar speech, dont read it, if you aren't 18/21 years old, or if you are moderator without sence of humor/or knowledge of german lows.
      Display Spoiler
      1. point to exuse vulgar speech: german court decision for acceptable insult if the topic of opinion formation is very elaborate and important. So if every one feel upset, angry and outraged.
      Display Spoiler
      Also: Disbanding units without any shortages could be missused for at least two things. First one: unitsspammer can spam as many units as they want without any consecuences of moral shortage, overrun and steamroll some neighbours and disband all almoast killed foodeater/oilconsumers. Second: true statistik fappers could have k/d ratio *hugenumber*/zero, because disbanding all damaged units before they die.
      Also you see noobs like you dont even try to understand a game, but scream for changes...

The post was edited 5 times, last by f118 ().

• f118 wrote:

Display Spoiler
      Also: Disbanding units without any shortages could be missused for at least two things. First one: unitsspammer can spam as many units as they want without any consecuences of moral shortage, overrun and steamroll some neighbours and disband all almoast killed foodeater/oilconsumers. Second: true statistik fappers could have k/d ratio *hugenumber*/zero, because disbanding all damaged units before they die.
      Also you see noobs like you dont even try to understand a game, but scream for changes...

Unitspammers in this case will end up losing their resources, you only get about 25% compensation of resources if you disband them so Dismantling them instead of just keeping them would be a waste of resources and time. And not everyone cares about their K/D really, but for the people who do, then dismantling units should count for units lost.

• I like the idea of decommission units. It also allows for the manpower to be shifted. Imagine that the Cavalry units could never be decommission as you advance in time. Or that the expensive battleships could not be taken out. Did the US Navy send its entire battleship fleet to a doomsday attack on someone because it wanted to redeploy manpower and resources elsewhere? No we decommissioned the ships.

Same should be allowed here.
      After all we can start a whole infrastructure and factory project and then cancel it.
    • BMfox when you said this idea is useless well you couldn't be more wrong and those god awful reasons you have listed off sure learn from your mistakes but that doesn't mean punish the person that builds to much of the expensive units and his country starts turning against him no one should have to stack up useless units and send them to die this happened to me and I was so close to winning my first match 3 years ago but my country went up in flames and lost the game so ya there should be a feature so u can disable units it should have been in the game from the start
    • BMfox wrote:

Every month there's someone who want to terminate his troops and it's useless for these reasons:

1) If you have too many units attack another player or AI, this way you expand your territory and put those troops to good use.
      2) Every country is different and it's economy doesn't support the same game style. Adapt your army to your economical strengths. If you produce a lot of food for example then go for motorized and mechanized infantry rather then medium tanks.
      3) You learn from your mistakes, if you can simply delete units players will never learn and make the same mistakes over and over again.
      I completely agree with 1 because doing that will waste your troops and it is pointless to have it. And I especially love 3, if you can just delete your units, then the game would be too easy!

Vamaw wrote:

I would be cool to have it though and I appreciate your time you spent on it, but the idea of keeping it like this is better.
      BeaveRyan

• Ryan04px2025 wrote:

The solution is to send them to the front without attacking. That will terminate it
      It is really that simple - woosh!
      Send them to me Vamaw - I will help you.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • dw98 wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

The solution is to send them to the front without attacking. That will terminate it
      It is really that simple - woosh!Send them to me Vamaw - I will help you.
      I'd rather have a button that instantly destroys my units instead of waiting 5 days for them to do so :/

• I'm having difficulty finding a single instance of a military unit being decommissioned during war time. Can anyone cite a historical example?

One thing this would allow players to do is to "HIDE" injured units. Ooops...This one is down to 7%, so I "retire" it instead of having it included as a lost unit in my stats.

I don't see it as "adding' anything meaningful to game play. All the objectives such a feature would achieve area already possible in game with:
      -better management of what units are built
      -destruction of units can be done by attrition during battles and NOT rebuilding them.
      -if you overbuild... and develop Moral issues which result in provincial rebellions resulting in the loss of your last province... we actually have a name for that event... namely "coup d'État"
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • OneNutSquirrel wrote:

I'm having difficulty finding a single instance of a military unit being decommissioned during war time. Can anyone cite a historical example?

One thing this would allow players to do is to "HIDE" injured units. Ooops...This one is down to 7%, so I "retire" it instead of having it included as a lost unit in my stats.

I don't see it as "adding' anything meaningful to game play. All the objectives such a feature would achieve area already possible in game with:
      -better management of what units are built
      -destruction of units can be done by attrition during battles and NOT rebuilding them.
      -if you overbuild... and develop Moral issues which result in provincial rebellions resulting in the loss of your last province... we actually have a name for that event... namely "coup d'État"

And I'm having difficulty seeing why this shouldn't be a thing. Is decommissioning units that much of an unrealistic idea? As far as I remember the US sent injured and incapable soldiers back home. This could be the exact same, if I produce a unit and that unit outlives its usefulness, I make it retire. If I want to get rid of a tank regiment, do I send them to their deaths in battle? And if I overproduce, and risk coup d'État. I believe I could start cutting down on my troops, not just let them stay there.