Elite AI diplomacy and popularity problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Elite AI diplomacy and popularity problems

Good day,

I have recently been having problems with my popularity and the elite AI ganging up on me in one of my games.

I started the map Europe-Road to War-as France and declared embargo and then war on Germany as is standard diplomacy steps. By the time I pushed half way through Germany everyone else quite the game and 8 AI countries declare trade embargo on me. By the time Germany was conquered the 8 countries who declared embargo on me were now at war and literally every other country declared embargo.

I am currently surrounded and requesting cease fire and peace to everyone who is at war with me but the AI will not accept and there isn't really anything I can do to better my relationships with all 22 remaining countries. This is causing an economic headache and I'm am fighting left, right, and center to hold all the AI countries from destroying me.

Questions:

(1) How do I raise my popularity in this situation?

-I have no resources to trade because everyone at war with me is killing my economy output.
      -I cannot better relations with the AI or there friends because they all declared war in me one after another and will not accept ceasefire or peace.
      - is trading and giving RoW really the only diplomacy the AI will negotiate with and nothing else??

(2) How do I check my popularity with other nations?

- I noticed its in the world herald but it only mentions the top 5 popular nations, how am I supposed to know how low I am on the popularity list or if my popularity is rising or falling if it only shows top 5 popular and unpopular nations?

(3) Idea - you guys should think about making a new tab for this info. It should work just like your moral information tab works. It could tell you when your popularity is falling and why with each country and give you hints how to reverse your plummeting popularity with other nations.

Over all I still enjoy this game very much and thank you for your time.

Keep up the good work! :beer:
    • Peachez wrote:

To restrisiko: I have already read that.

This doesnt answer my questions I have mentioned above, please re-advise per my above situation.
      Wait, how does it not answer your first question? Do you want more information about a specific thing or what?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Peachez wrote:

To restrisiko: I have already read that.

This doesnt answer my questions I have mentioned above, please re-advise per my above situation.
      Try to see the context :D

So,
      as I and others hinted in that and other threads, the "popularity system" of the elite AI never worked properly ..

.. from my own experience with Elite-AI it has been ever already purely coincidental whether one was either completely ignored by the AI, even if he started early in the map lots of wars without declaration, or whether one suddenly gets a lot of embargoes and war declarations even without been ever involved in any conflict before (seen both even on the same map, and I've seen it not only one time, I played several Elite-maps) ..

.. and if / before the system was not fundamentally revised (what it will be not yet, because nothing indicates so; on the contrary :rolleyes: ) then you will find here in the forum not really answers to your question, because everyone can only tell you how it should be or how it is in fact -- but that it is not as it should be you know yourself :whistling:

So all you can do is >> Kill the AI
      .. and report the AI behavior directly to the support -- only if all affected players do so it may perhaps lead already in a few months / years to that Bytro actually considers an AI revision.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 2 times, last by Restrisiko ().

• Though in my last game as US in 39 historical map I had low popularity because of my large army, I have not had issues with AI declaring war on me. That may be because I always declared war before attacking- though not always using embargo beforehand. As BMfox said in another thread, "Just like in the real world going rogue on war would result in economical sanctions and maybe even a NATO deployment. In this regard the AI are not that different." ...