Give troops 15% combat bonus when reclaiming core provinces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Give troops 15% combat bonus when reclaiming core provinces

When trying to reclaim core provinces, your troops should receive a 15% attack bonus against enemy troops. Think of it like a home-reclamation bonus. Your troops should know their territory better than their enemies and it'll make it easier in case of a surprise attack.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance
    • That is a great idea. But would that be too much? Because we already have 25% more attack points when you are in your original country/(Core Province). Check out this one about claiming a province and turning it to core province because I think this idea would suit us better and provide some pros and cons. The 15% thing is not really necessary because we already have it but just to let you know other ideas that are good :00010166: .
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • that 15% bonus when your in your original country is a defense bonus really. But I see your point.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

• Vamaw wrote:

that 15% bonus when your in your original country is a defense bonus really. But I see your point.
      Ah, so you want more bonus? Well, that will make attacking way too hard for people. Maybe you can put in AI or put for a less percentage bonus because it will make it extremely hard to attack and easier to defend.
      BeaveRyan

• The home reclamation bonus is actually reasonable. That means that the enemy'll need a bigger force to hold and defend provinces of some nation. Even if it's a 5% bonus, it can make a lot of impact.

• Vamaw wrote:

The home reclamation bonus is actually reasonable. That means that the enemy'll need a bigger force to hold and defend provinces of some nation. Even if it's a 5% bonus, it can make a lot of impact.
      Yes true. Maybe all we need to make is a small percentage change and it will make things better for the game.
      BeaveRyan

• Vamaw wrote:

When trying to reclaim core provinces, your troops should receive a 15% attack bonus against enemy troops. Think of it like a home-reclamation bonus. Your troops should know their territory better than their enemies and it'll make it easier in case of a surprise attack.
      One question please:

..the troops already had a home bonus with each 15% to attack, defense and damage shield before they lost the Core Province -- did they still not know their own territory better than their enemies while they are defending? :00008185:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Restrisiko wrote:

Vamaw wrote:

One question please:
      ..the troops already had a home bonus with each 15% to attack, defense and damage shield before they lost the Core Province -- did they still not know their own territory better than their enemies while they are defending? :00008185:
      I believe the 15% home defense bonus was a defensive bonus only, not an offensive one. The 15% Home reclamation bonus I proposed is to make it harder to occupy core provinces of enemies, not just waltz in with 2 infantry and a dozen anti-air and artillery (my case).

• Vamaw wrote:

Restrisiko wrote:

Vamaw wrote:

One question please:..the troops already had a home bonus with each 15% to attack, defense and damage shield before they lost the Core Province -- did they still not know their own territory better than their enemies while they are defending? :00008185:
      I believe the 15% home defense bonus was a defensive bonus only, not an offensive one. The 15% Home reclamation bonus I proposed is to make it harder to occupy core provinces of enemies, not just waltz in with 2 infantry and a dozen anti-air and artillery (my case).

The Home Defense bonus gives +15% for each unit's attack and defense values, as well as 15% damage shield. This applies everywhere in a core province, whether the unit is attacking or being attacked, but of course only as long as the unit is the current holder of the province.

Well, Amigo, now you say that if someone attacks his own lost core province, his units should also have to get a house bonus because they know the terrain and conditions better than the current occupier ..

.. however, the current occupier knows the terrain and the conditions in the meantime as well, because after all, he has already fought there successfully at least once, so either both or no one should get such a bonus -- égalité..

.. and, moreover, former occupiers who attack again would also have to get a bonus then -- but fortunately they struggle dissatisfied because they have to do the same job again, whereas the rightful owners, of course, get their home bonus, for they are strengthened by the good feeling to be back home again..

.. all in all, the current home bonus is more than enough, I think.

Adding the 15% shield to the possible 75% of the fortifications will give you a fabulous 90% damage reduction for defenders in your own core provinces ..

.. one who, despite such benefits, still loses core provinces, does not really deserve any bonus for reconquest, and it probably would not help him much anyway.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Restrisiko wrote:

Vamaw wrote:

Restrisiko wrote:

Vamaw wrote:

One question please:..the troops already had a home bonus with each 15% to attack, defense and damage shield before they lost the Core Province -- did they still not know their own territory better than their enemies while they are defending? :00008185:
      Display Spoiler
      The Home Defense bonus gives +15% for each unit's attack and defense values, as well as 15% damage shield. This applies everywhere in a core province, whether the unit is attacking or being attacked, but of course only as long as the unit is the current holder of the province.

Well, Amigo, now you say that if someone attacks his own lost core province, his units should also have to get a house bonus because they know the terrain and conditions better than the current occupier ..

.. however, the current occupier knows the terrain and the conditions in the meantime as well, because after all, he has already fought there successfully at least once, so either both or no one should get such a bonus -- égalité..

.. and, moreover, former occupiers who attack again would also have to get a bonus then -- but fortunately they struggle dissatisfied because they have to do the same job again, whereas the rightful owners, of course, get their home bonus, for they are strengthened by the good feeling to be back home again..

.. all in all, the current home bonus is more than enough, I think.

Adding the 15% shield to the possible 75% of the fortifications will give you a fabulous 90% damage reduction for defenders in your own core provinces ..

.. one who, despite such benefits, still loses core provinces, does not really deserve any bonus for reconquest, and it probably would not help him much anyway.

I never even noticed that 15% attack bonus, tbh I thought the home defense bonus itself was just for damage reduction. Guess this disproves my point, thanks for pointing that out anyway.