Turning non-core provinces into core provinces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I've gone thru this issue in this forum in what could be described as a very heated debate several weeks ago.

I think part of the high drop out ratio of new people is that they find that they are penalized by this low productivity when they expand their realm. Many get frustrated after spending a fair amount of gold and drop out- even when they have a decent number of VP's, sometimes their large realms turning into nearly invincible rivals managed by AI.

Perhaps a reasonable alternative would be to increase non-core production from 25% to 30% of core provinces ... :thumbup:
    • PrussianKingWilhelm wrote:

Does anyone think we should be able to spend resources to annex non-core provinces and have them under our banners? Not being able to do it kinda sucks, plus resources production value is low in non-core provinces.
      Never had problems with resources -- so I see no need for.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

... resources production value is low in non-core provinces.
      It's deliberately low ..

.. the non-core-malus serves as a kind of "time-brake" >> too fast conquest or too much / wrong unit building without appropriate economic expansion = fatal error ..

.. players have to find, build up and manage a functional relation between conquer-speed, economy and units -- exactly that's the game here >> a forward-thinking long-term planing strategy ..

.. without or a lower non-core-malus the game would be far too easy.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

Does anyone think we should be able to spend resources to annex non-core provinces and have them under our banners? Not being able to do it kinda sucks, plus resources production value is low in non-core provinces.
      See! That is sent in may of the post but they are all rejected. Maybe we could turn it to a core province at a gold price and if we can do that, the AI can be stronger to balance the game.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • KrestelGaming wrote:

I think the idea of non core provinces is that ethnic groups within the annexed province are unhappy to be working under a foreign nation
      Yes kind of. So they will produce less and your troops will be weaker when you are there
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • What about this then...

Instead of being able to annex the non-core province immediately after you occupy it, You have to have ownership(The amount of days your occupied it) up to 5 days? 10 days? idk, I'm full of ideas here. Or maybe you can only annex the province under your flag once it's day 15?

sort of simulating the ethnic groups accepting it over time maybe? idk

These are only ideas I have, I don't mean to make anyone angry

The post was edited 1 time, last by PrussianKingWilhelm ().