Custom Nations, Maps, and Scenarios

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I would modify it this way.

What we're talking about is "Core Provinces" and making changes to them. In a war, that's something that rarely "if ever" actually happens.

With the exception of taking captured resources or taking captives and using them as forced labour, I don't recall of a WAR TIME victor actually benefiting fully from captured lands.

Only thing that has resulted in conquered territory producing as well for the conqueror as if did for the conquered is time. Time is something that's not include here. War ends, game ends. Unlike Civilization or Total War where you conquer, convert, absorb and use... this game focuses on the War... not the after.

I think this would be better addressed by having a larger variety of maps to start on. Not only "Earth" maps or zoomed in portions. But "Non Earth" fictional maps. Random scenarios. Very detailed scenarios.

But allowing players to build their own custom maps would make imbalanced maps that much more of an issue. Some of current maps present the starting map as things were in "1939" for example.. and many complaints of "Power Starting" provinces are heard constantly.

Building a "Map Editor" for public use... that's a huge undertaking for the Dev team with no ability to predict usefulness if any of the results.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • One issue that I see with letting the customers make there own maps is that some of them are probably not as good as the CoW staff (e.g. Vorlon et al) and we may get stuck with maps that make the 39 historical look like a day in paradise. That is why I voted may be ... =O