Custom Nations, Maps, and Scenarios

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Custom Nations, Maps, and Scenarios

Who would like to see this feature added into Call of War? 17
        Yes! (10) 59%
        Maybe? (3) 18%
        Not really. (4) 24%
      So recently I was playing a game of call of war being America securing my dominance over Canada and Southern United States, but then in help chat I asked a question "In create a game can custom nations etc be created?" I was answered
      with a solid NO but it would be a cool feature. So then I return to my game and then I take a good look at the map, nations and coalitions on it. The Southern United States, Northern United States, The Atlantic Union(My Coalition), I thought to myself, "Some of these factions are custom nations made by the developers!".

So which puts the idea into my head what if the Call of War community had the ability to create their own NATIONS and Scenarios maybe even troop icons, and units. But of course I know and understand there are probably going to be PROs and CONs about this idea. But I mean think of it, who doesn't want a scenario of Man in The High Castle, you could be the American Resistance taking back America's homeland and push both the Germans and the Japs out! Who wouldn't want a Wolfenstein scenario with its own custom unit icons and trees! Maybe even its own tech?

But back to the point of this threads title, players would be able to create their own fictional factions with their own custom troops and tech. Even create their own maps but it would still be ONLY and MAINLY Earth(unless you have other opinions). Heck people could even make their own Fallout scenario's and any alternate universes, like the Confederates winning the civil war! War of Worlds even.

As for the faction part people can choose their own flag from their files, create their own stories, units, tech, and many others. I think it would be interesting to see Ceasar's Legion soldiers roaming America's lands while clashing with Confederate soldiers. People could even have a picture spot of their own leaders with fictional names for example a picture of Adolf in presidency of Argentina.

I personally even got a few rules for this down if they will even be used:

• You must be level 10 or 11 to use this "feature"
      • No Inappropriate factions or images. (Like an entire faction based on tentacles)
      • Map must look realistic(maybe)
      Thinking of it now, it would be like combining Sid Meier's Civilizations, HoI4, EU4, into one game, and you got yourself and explosion of amazingness! Developers you are understanding and smart! I implore thee to think of this Custom Faction feature. I am sure you can think of something like this. :thumbsup:

:tumbleweed:
      President of The Great Lake Republic/Republic of Ohio.
    • I voted for maybe because it is a great idea but not realistic.Check this out, it might not be the same idea but it is similar.
      Display Spoiler

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

I only support part of this.

Support and Suggestions
      1. Customizing vehicles into different camouflage.
      2. Different kind of vehicle of same power. Eg. Medium Tank Russian/American. We have it already but can we change it if we dislike it.
      Dislike

1. Jet planes looking like tie fighters. This is a world war 2 game and not a star war planning game. This is the theme and we cannot change it.
      Generally

Generally, I like this idea and I think the game operators/moderators should acknowledge about this idea so that they can further vote or discuss about this suggestion.
      As I said previously, you cannot change this game because ONCE AGAIN this game is about CoW in the WWII which makes it unrealistic to do so.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • As neat as it is on paper, this kind of thing would be murder to implement. Now, new map ideas revolving around real bits (or exaggerated alternate reality) I would welcome with open arms: I still want to see an operation Barbarossa map. As for creating one's own nation and the like, it just isn't realistic, much less viable. If you are interested in creating your own nation, however, there are some browser games I can recommend that allow you to do so.

But back to the point: it's a nice idea on paper, but it's not really grounded in possibility.
    • It would be a nice addition to the game but you have to make it fair to other player. You cannot make you country too big/too many resource. It might also take hours of coding but I appreciate your time spent on this thread
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

It would be a nice addition to the game but you have to make it fair to other player. You cannot make you country too big/too many resource. It might also take hours of coding but I appreciate your time spent on this thread
      Like I tried to say, they will have a land limit. Lets say they 10 land choices, they can choose only a part of the world they want their nation to be in. This would apply to each fictional nation. And once thats done, they load in the game, and the rest of the nations load in as normal, the only that has changed would be the borders. Also they do not have the ability to place resources for themselves. So no one becomes OP, they will have to make do with the map.
    • Here's how I think it should be:

To make or join a custom map, you would need 5,000 gold per-game or high command. You'll be given a pre-made map without any nations or borders and you're free to customize it from there. I can only see this being a money-making feature really.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance

The post was edited 2 times, last by Vamaw ().

• Vamaw wrote:

Here's how I think it should be:

To make or join a custom map, you would need 5,000 gold per-game or high command. You'll be give a pre-made map without and nations or borders and you're free to customize it from there. I can only see this being a money-making feature really.
      But then what about its other members. Because I ain't wasting money on virtual gold for no reason, besides it takes the fun out of it. But I do see how it could work.. Maybe make prices cheaper and ranks a little more lower.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Theodore Jefferson ().

• Theodore Jefferson wrote:

Vamaw wrote:

To make or join a custom map, you would need 5,000 gold per-game or high command. You'll be give a pre-made map without and nations or borders and you're free to customize it from there. I can only see this being a money-making feature really.
      But then what about its other members. Because I ain't wasting money on virtual gold for no reason, besides it takes the fun out of it. But I do see how it could work.. Maybe make prices cheaper and ranks a little more lower.
      5000 gold is pretty cheap
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance
    • Theodore Jefferson wrote:

Vamaw wrote:

5000 gold is fairly cheap. And to get gold you don't just need to buy it with real money. You could win a couple 22 maps or do some achievements and you'll get enough gold.
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Dante Bugler1 wrote:

Theodore Jefferson wrote:

Vamaw wrote:

5000 gold is fairly cheap. And to get gold you don't just need to buy it with real money. You could win a couple 22 maps or do some achievements and you'll get enough gold.
      I guess thats a good option.