Fight Against Interceptor

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fight Against Interceptor

Hello, I have a potential enemy that has more than 15 interceptors that have the highest level possible. How can I defeat them? I can destroy the airport, but I do not know which airport they came from. They seem to have a really far range which is unlikely...So where did they come from? Capitol?
    Images
    • Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 2.59.17 PM.png

860.95 kB, 1,050×938, viewed 54 times
    • Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 2.59.17 PM.png

860.95 kB, 1,050×938, viewed 31 times
    • Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 2.59.04 PM.png

926.76 kB, 1,100×1,034, viewed 23 times
    BeaveRyan
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
  • The best way to take down fighter jets is to use more fighter jets than the enemy. Therefore, you have the numbers advantage when engaging in dogfights. However, Anti-Aircraft Guns can also be vital against planes. I prefer SP Anti-Air over normal AA since the benefits of SPAA usually outweigh the extra cost
  • Use a rocket to attack the airbase when they are refueling. You can check how long it takes for them to fly back and time your rocket launch.

Interceptors by themselves will do very little damage. It's tactical bombers that are deadly.

Against planes you use AA, interceptors and rockets.

Read: Air Combat - Guide for dealing some (in)decent damage
    BMfox
    EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
  • BMfox wrote:

Use a rocket to attack the airbase when they are refueling. You can check how long it takes for them to fly back and time your rocket launch.

Interceptors by themselves will do very little damage. It's tactical bombers that are deadly.

You can't actually check how long it takes for rocket to hit a target before it launches, you could technically calculate it, but CoW doesn't give distance value, so you'd have to basically estimate the distance, it'll be a pain to launch at the right time. Plus, if the opponent is a decent player, they know to use "patrol" all the time, without using "attack" option that ensure a refuel.

AA is a good option though assuming there's no Tac.
  • Any ideas? Just one of the many units of dear Caucasus... Click it for full image. Just checked, there are 160 planes, please give me ideas... I will need to destroy 5 airbase, but they do not refuel at the same time, so if I destroy all their airfields, does that mean that the plane cannot land?
    Images
    • Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 9.07.02 PM.png

855.86 kB, 2,050×492, viewed 26 times
    BeaveRyan

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ryan04px2025 ().

• There are no tricks really. To effectively fight 160 planes you need 190 planes. Get building
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • BMfox wrote:

Use a rocket to attack the airbase when they are refueling. You can check how long it takes for them to fly back and time your rocket launch.

Amen to BMfox's pointers ...

As a guy that uses air units more than most players, to amplify the effect of my air units, I build a lot of air bases (relatively cheap). In my current game, I can fly units from Tokyo to London in 39 map. That is a lot of air bases to destroy, particularly when I'm in the habit of either using AA or patrolling units for defense. However, rockets can be lethal in causing damage to air bases ... =O
  • Planes are melee-fighters and no ranged weapons such as artillery -- airplane damage and air defense are counted directly against each other ..

.. if there are too many enemy planes (and especially if they give me the present and are patrolling :thumbsup: ) I would rather use AA (stacked in the usual way with other ground units), because it's cheaper, as to use and maybe to waste own planes (they can help or wait for their later chance) ..

.. of course, rocket strikes to the airfields are also an option, especially if you have the chance to hit some enemy planes while refueling, but otherwise, as long as the enemy has enough alternative airfields, this is most time inefficient against his planes -- but still good against his economy of course ..

.. best of all, as always, is a good mixture of all options ..
    .. and if the mix is better than your opponent's you will win :thumbup: -- that's the game / war

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
    ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
    .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
    Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
  • So when I destroy it, the planes cannot land and refuel? Do they automatically get destroyed if all the airbase are down? When launching a rocket at a province, everything in near/in the centre point of the province will be destroyed?
    BeaveRyan

• Along with the other ideas that was given to you I will add another one. Spies, I tend to massive use them, put 2-3 on each airport set to Military Sabotage, this way you can destroy points from his airfields "health" . This is a longer term strategy, since they only act when the day changes. But with 2-3 counter points you can take his airforce down. Not to mention upgrade your AA, make 10 and stack them in your border.