Fight Against Interceptor

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Newbss wrote:

Along with the other ideas that was given to you I will add another one. Spies, I tend to massive use them, put 2-3 on each airport set to Military Sabotage, this way you can destroy points from his airfields "health" . This is a longer term strategy, since they only act when the day changes. But with 2-3 counter points you can take his airforce down. Not to mention upgrade your AA, make 10 and stack them in your border
    Good idea, do I need to put 2-3 in each of the provinces? They have air base in all of the province, when the health goes down, they cannot produce planes. But can they still land planes? If the cannot, can they still have planes in it? Or do they turn into convoy units? Do they automatically get destroyed if they are in the air when the airbase is destroyed?
    BeaveRyan
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
  • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

can they still have planes in it? Or do they turn into convoy units?
    yes and yes. Basic plane mechanics: Without a functioning airbase the plane is simply a pile of parts on a truck.

Planes that are on patrol will be switched to another airbase in range when their current airbase is damaged.

If there is no other airbase in reasonable range they will be forced to land at the broken airbase that they were patrolling out of.

Planes on patrol operate at a rate of 25% attack value every 15 minutes. If this helps you can consider that at any given time the group is split into 4 parts. One part is on station, one is refueling, one is returning to refuel, and one is outbound full of fuel. As this would be rather difficult to display, the mechanics of planes on patrol are what they are, seemingly without need to refuel or rearm.
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • VorlonFCW wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

can they still have planes in it? Or do they turn into convoy units?
    yes and yes. Basic plane mechanics: Without a functioning airbase the plane is simply a pile of parts on a truck.

Planes that are on patrol will be switched to another airbase in range when their current airbase is damaged.

If there is no other airbase in reasonable range they will be forced to land at the broken airbase that they were patrolling out of.

Planes on patrol operate at a rate of 25% attack value every 15 minutes. If this helps you can consider that at any given time the group is split into 4 parts. One part is on station, one is refueling, one is returning to refuel, and one is outbound full of fuel. As this would be rather difficult to display, the mechanics of planes on patrol are what they are, seemingly without need to refuel or rearm.
    When they are forced to land, they turn into a convoy unit.

WayneBo wrote:

CoW has air-to-air refueling, war planes can stay on patrol forever, and do damage!
    So, there must also be air-to-air rearming. Both the tanker plans and the ordance delivery planes
    are stealthy, so you cannot see them.
    I thought is is air to air refuelling, if all the airbase are damaged, they would not need to land anyways.
    BeaveRyan

• Ryan04px2025 wrote:

WayneBo wrote:

CoW has air-to-air refueling, war planes can stay on patrol forever, and do damage!
    So, there must also be air-to-air rearming. Both the tanker plans and the ordance delivery planes
    are stealthy, so you cannot see them.
    I thought is is air to air refuelling, if all the airbase are damaged, they would not need to land anyways.

It's an ancient superstition that planes in CoW would patrol endlessly without refueling or take in new ammunition.
    It's because CoW is mistaken for a simulation by many, but it works like a simple board game ..

Each individual CoW "unit" represents at least a squadron, a flotilla or even a regiment.

As Vorlon wrote: Of planes on patrol, only a quarter of the machines are always in direct combat, the rest 3 quarters are imaginary (not visual) on approach, departure, or at refueling -- that's why combat values in patrol are reduced to 25%.

To represent the speed and range of planes, they can act as patrollers in a triangular sector without all machines having to reverse, land and refuel at the same time.
    If the start airbase is destroyed / unusable, another airfield in range will automatically be used as the basis.

But even with "endless" patrol, planes can make a maximum of 1 full (100%) attack per hour. If the patrol is moved within the sector, it is less than 1 full attack. And if the sector is to be left all machines have to return for landing before.

In this respect, the patrol mode, even a permanent patrol, is the normal mode equal to all other units.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
    ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
    .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
    Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
  • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

So it would solve the problem if I destroyed all the airbase?
    Airbases are cheap and fast to build/repair, "if" you destroy all their airbases, they can still rebuild it.
    Maybe just destroy the planes with AA and SP-AA, or just win the war even with their air superiority. Be fast and stop them from producing more planes and units.
  • WayneBo wrote:

And all of this is 'realistice' no matter if the patrol is an hour away from the air base?
    Just as realistic as, for example, tanks (or, as I said, all other units too) that can fight around the clock even in the farthest enemy country without taking a break for refueling or reloading.

PS: One day on a normal map is equivalent circa a half year, so about every 8 minutes it's a new day, what means that a combat tick equals about a week ingame (25% in patrol mode around 2 days then) -- more then enough time for all units for imaginary repairs, refueling, take ammunition etc., and also enough time for planes to fly back and forth.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• f118 wrote:

hm, i would say 1 ingame day is a month not a half year.

gusv wrote:

I agree with f119, at least that seems true for 39 historical map, where I've been playing for the last few weeks ... :thumbup:
    Normal map at normal speed, no event-, speed- or other special maps. Can seen roughly in the research tree on the basis of the availability and type of infantry.
    But I have to correct myself: since the new, faster research, on one match day even a whole year passes (previously a half year as said).

• AK140 wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

So it would solve the problem if I destroyed all the airbase?
    Airbases are cheap and fast to build/repair, "if" you destroy all their airbases, they can still rebuild it.Maybe just destroy the planes with AA and SP-AA, or just win the war even with their air superiority. Be fast and stop them from producing more planes and units.
    By that time, I will finish them.
    BeaveRyan

• Restrisiko wrote:

f118 wrote:

hm, i would say 1 ingame day is a month not a half year.

gusv wrote:

I agree with f119, at least that seems true for 39 historical map, where I've been playing for the last few weeks ... :thumbup:
    Normal map at normal speed, no event-, speed- or other special maps. Can seen roughly in the research tree on the basis of the availability and type of infantry.But I have to correct myself: since the new, faster research, on one match day even a whole year passes (previously a half year as said).
    sorry but If blitzkrieg 3. Reich - Poland lasting 2 years... I cant believe it. i would even say 1 day is equal 1 week.
  • Newbss wrote:

Along with the other ideas that was given to you I will add another one. Spies, I tend to massive use them, put 2-3 on each airport set to Military Sabotage, this way you can destroy points from his airfields "health" . This is a longer term strategy, since they only act when the day changes. But with 2-3 counter points you can take his airforce down. Not to mention upgrade your AA, make 10 and stack them in your border.
    Is 12 military sabotage for Caucasus enough?

1. Prepare a big squadron of interceptors.
    2. Prepare a medium convoy of anti air.
    3. Prepare Rocket around the border of Caucasus
    4. Team up with Yugoslavia and go to Russian Empire(AI) to launch rockets there (Closer(
    5. 12 spies or more
    6. At least 30 units in the border.

Is this correct? Should I add more stuff to succeed?
    BeaveRyan

• This requires time, in my opinion drop the rockets, if you haven't research them or built them. RIght now you are defending, and you can use that. Make some forts at your border and put inside the Holly Three ( AA, AT, ART ) .This way you are covered on all sides.

You can always ask free passage to his neighbors and you can drop some units in his back. Again, I never combat air with air, I mean to counter 30-40 planes, is a lost race to start working on air now. Also instead of rockets, make Railroad Guns and start bombarding from far away those airfields.
  • @f118, @gusv

But what was it about in the context?
    It was about the time window of patrolling planes ..

.. and to make it easier understandable that combats in CoW, whether if it's only between "single CoW units" are allways battles between at least a squadron, a flotilla or even a regiment and in reality they would take several hours or days, weeks, or even months ..

.. including the needed time for all units to automatically (and ingame only imaginary, not visual) take (partial) breaks in order to carry out repairs and refuelings, to pick up ammunition and, naturally, for all the other nessecary things in wars / battles, which of course also includes flights back and forth to the front etc. 8) .