Identify Location of Eliminated Armies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Identify Location of Eliminated Armies

In Game 2,856,581 I'm playing Japan in coalition with Sweden and Tibet vs UK, Germany and Russia.

So I'm at war with Russia- our armies clashing anywhere from the Ukraine to close to the Bering Strait. I get a message: Army XXX eliminated by CN 20 (a code for Russia).

Would it be possible when one clicks on this message to center the map on the location of this mishap? Amongst hundreds of armies, its hard to identify who got killed and where ... (-:
    • I agree.
      What since long is the norm for losses on land, find the position by clicking the Link in the Herald, should also be possible at sea.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • If you look in the newspaper, a small red fire should be where your army fought/lost.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • General Nightman wrote:

If you look in the newspaper, a small red fire should be where your army fought/lost.
      Isn't that where the firefight is? This shows all countries and what I am saying is a notification that tells us where we destroy troops and where we lost troops.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Almost everything can be find in the Herald:
      Casualtys with army-number, as also destroyed Armys / Fleets >> at land with link to the position ..
      .. but what is missing is a link to the position where fleets are complete sunk.

In the column with the Flag of the affected country are reported when one or more unit(s) were killed out of a still existing army / fleet and it shows the number of casualties and the army number, so the position is easy to find.
      (if you dont know where this army currently is, this number can be used to find the army by using the search [Ctrl + F] >> type in country character + the number (e.g. AB17) >> "enter" = the screen jumps to the army)

In the column with the Flags of both combat parties is reported when an army has been completely destroyed and by whom. In addition the name of the province where it's happened will displayed, and is even linked ..
      .. but for sunken fleets only the sea area is named but not linked.

Example(underlined in the herald is always linked):

Correction:
      Not always it's reported by whom an army / fleet was destroyed -- is it only the case of close combat, but not if it was destroyed by ranged weapons (artillery / ship artillery)? -- I have to say, so far I had never really paid any attention to it. :whistling:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• Restrisiko wrote:

Almost everything can be find in the Herald:
      Casualtys with army-number, as also destroyed Armys / Fleets >> at land with link to the position ..
      .. but what is missing is a link to the position where fleets are complete sunk.

In the column with the Flag of the affected country are reported when one or more unit(s) were killed out of a still existing army / fleet and it shows the number of casualties and the army number, so the position is easy to find.
      (if you dont know where this army currently is, this number can be used to find the army by using the search [Ctrl + F] >> type in country character + the number (e.g. AB17) >> "enter" = the screen jumps to the army)

In the column with the Flags of both combat parties is reported when an army has been completely destroyed and by whom. In addition the name of the province where it's happened will displayed, and is even linked ..
      .. but for sunken fleets only the sea area is named but not linked.

Example(underlined in the herald is always linked):

True, but it is ALMOST everything.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Totally agree with this. I find it hard remembering the names of my stacks anyway. The newspaper does kind of fill me in on some stuff but it doesn't tell me what or where or how.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance