Add More Function to Nuclear Reactors

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Add More Function to Nuclear Reactors

Nuclear Reactor buildings are literally the most boring buildings in the game. Sure you can build Nukes and Nuclear-Ships with them, but that's it. They don't increase or decrease morale, they don't add to resource production, they don't consume or produce anything, just nothing. In my opinion, they should increase Morale all throughout your country by +1 per building since they produce extra power, but decrease morale in the province the reactor was built in by -5 due to nuclear waste and other stuff. They should also boost production by at least 10%, and consume about 30-50 rare materials a day, they should also be able to be shut down.

One more thing that would make it interesting is a chance of a meltdown, if the reactor takes damage while working, there is a certain chance that the Reactor will meltdown, this chance would increase the more life points the facility loses (50% health = 20% chance of meltdown, 25% health = 30% chance of meltdown). In case of a meltdown, an area of 30km will sustain about half the damage a lvl. 1 Nuclear Bomber deals, making a mess and possibly destroying troops or infrastructure. There would also be a 7-day morale penalty due to radiation and the population of the province that the Now-destroyed Nuclear Reactor was built in would be severely decreased. This would make Military Sabotage much more important late-game. There should also be a level 1,2,3,4 and 5 for Nuclear Reactors, the more you research it, the more levels you get to build, the more levels you get to build, the more life points the building gets and the more boosts it gives. These features would definitely make Nuclear Facilities much more interesting.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance
    • KrestelGaming wrote:

I like how he says Nuclear Reactors are boring and then he ssuggests making them worse
      They cost 10k rare materials each, I'd say they should at least provide some benefit aside from producing nukes.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance
    • * Reactor giving bonus to resource production: Has already been suggested (see for example --> this thread <--; there are others in the German forum by the way). Please use the search function in the forum before opening a new thread.
      What I don't like about the idea is that the production bonus would be exclusively for the province the reactor was built in... although we all know that in reality, electricity can be spread around the globe within a minute. Secondly, the first civil use of nuclear energy dates to 1956, which is a bit beyond the time period CoW is set in... so it's better not to have that in the game.

* Morale malus in the province the reactor was built in: Also for the first nuclear reactors, men were able well enough to keep nuclear waste away from the population (the few exceptions are well known). So no.

* Reactor consuming rares while being switched on: The uranium required to keep the reactor running can be seen as being included in the production costs of nuclear weapons. It's better not to bother players with having to switch off reactors if not producing at the moment.

* Meltdown after reactor takes damage: Has already been proposed in a very similar way (see --> this thread <--). I'd say OK, maybe. But for sure not an important feature in my eyes.