AA against rebellions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AA against rebellions

Currently, used by the game engine to calculate the influence of garrisoned troops on the risk of a province to rebel successfully, is the so called "unit strength". Which if I remember correctly equals the highest attack value the unit has.
      Consequently, the most cost efficient way to secure a province from rebelling is placing a AA unit (ideally level 3 or higher, because then one unit is sufficient to reduce rebellion risk to 0%) in it. I very often find myself building a AA gun in a newly conquered province to solve this purpose on first day change of my ownership (while of course planning to use it somewhere else afterwards).
      Now can you imagine Stalin, Hitler or Mussolini saying "Generals, we have to keep the population in our conquered territories quiet. Let's either build more AA guns or [i]withdraw some AA guns from the front line![/i]"
      ??
      Of course that's far from realistic. In fact, rebels are non-armoured land targets, in a way "attacking" the garrison. So the calculation should use the defense value against non-armoured targets of the garrisoned unit instead.

Result: You'd then usually use infantry (one of the four types) or, in more seldom cases tanks or armoured cars to suppress rebellions. That would be perfectly realistic.
    • I agree with that in general, and more -- far too little "strength" is needed to suppress possible uprisings.
      Initially, in provinces with 25% morale, a strength of 30 was needed to prevent an uprising to 100%.

I was and am of the opinion that it wasn't a good idea to change it; on the contrary, chances of rebellions should have been increased ..

.. but, unfortunately even a long time ago, and also here not least because of posts and "suggestions for improvement" from players who have not understood to manage with it (because they try and try to rape a strategy game as a quickly jump-n-run-action..) the system of uprisings was simplified practically to ineffectiveness -- maybe only a small stone if seen for itself, but one of many in the mosaic :rolleyes: .

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• I now also realize that chances of rebellions have been clearly reduced.
      That was never announced in the news, or did I miss it?

@Restrisiko, I totally agree with you that was a bad change. That's simplifying at the wrong end. Having to care of counter-rebellion measures was a good strategic element that added depth to the game.

General suggestion at this point to the Bytro team: Can we have one sophisticated, realistic, demanding game that includes diplomacy, strategy and at least optionally a slow pace for (mainly) adult PC users (I suggest CoW for that)?
      And next to it one superficial, simple, intense, action loaded game for (mainly) younger people from the smartphone generation (I suggest CoN or Supremacy1 for that)?
      Each player group always having to swallow compromises with respect for the other player group in each of the Bytro games is not working that well imho.
    • Hans A. Pils wrote:

General suggestion at this point to the Bytro team: Can we have one sophisticated, realistic, demanding game that includes diplomacy, strategy and at least optionally a slow pace for (mainly) adult PC users (I suggest CoW for that)?

And next to it one superficial, simple, intense, action loaded game for (mainly) younger people from the smartphone generation (I suggest CoN or Supremacy1 for that)?

Each player group always having to swallow compromises with respect for the other player group in each of the Bytro games is not working that well imho

Cuck wrote:

chuck.png Chuck likes that :thumbup:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D