Rebalance!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dear developers,

I guess I am not the first person who is outraged by playing with gold users. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the gold - your hard work should be rewarded and some! advantages should be granted for extra money or gold, but.... it should be still playable for others also.

Here is an example : "enemy got himself huge territories by just spamming troops, we have answered him with morale penalty by declaring wars from 6 players and using spies, but that didn't stop him.( So that tool doesn't work) I've sent my planes over to help my ally and got that guy in the opened field by surprise, but if nearby cities(it wasn't even 1 city) r sabotaged and airstrips destroyed u can't use any aviation and in a matter of seconds he has saved his army just by throwing gold. On top of that massing rockets and destroying everything he wants. So that tool is also out. Nuking fleets and armies, and creating whole aviation wings out of nowhere - yay. There is no a single game designed answer to this game play style." - So how should casual players like me enjoy the game? When great projects turn to "The winner is the one who can pay more" the project starts to die, because of non-existing balance.

I like the strategy and I was astonished by the game design at first, so it really hearts me to see "chess style game design" turning into gold child's toy. I hope my cry out will break through to your hearts and there will be some restrictions on what can be done with gold.

With best regards,
      blood4evil
    • I doubt any game I have ever played has resolved this issue,having been on both sides of the controversy I know how both feel about it.Going forward I see only my decision game by game being when enough is enough for me.At least here on this game,I can start another round,most other games when faced with the money vs. free play I have eventually left the game.
    • I'm also tired of having to ally with gold-spamming annoying kids just to survive. If they could add a quota to the amount of gold you can spend each day, gold-spammers wouldn't be much of an issue.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance
    • sonosublime wrote:

A daily limit on gold use, and also some non-gold maps (that you have to pay or use gold to enter) are great ideas.

This is a good game, which has been ruined for people who don't spend hundreds of dollars on it every day.
      Some alliance games ban gold usage and I think some games leagues do that too.
      Ryan
      EN Forum Member
      Call of War Corporal
      Forum Second Lieutenant
      Training Alliance Leader
    • It is unreasonable to expect the creators of this great game to not get paid for it.
      Somehow a balance needs to be struck, one that pays for the game and makes it enjoyable for all.

Limiting gold per day limits revenue.
      Perhaps each gold spend should increased the gold cost of the next gold spend.
      This would limit the impact on game play, while increasing revenue, and adding an element of strategy.
      You would need to think a bit about where best to use the gold.
    • Ferrral wrote:

It is unreasonable to expect the creators of this great game to not get paid for it.
      Good point ... On and off for many years I have played in USCF chess tournaments ... As of the last few years, the entry fee seems to average close to $100, and that could be done here where everybody would buy a one-time large lot (e.g. 360,000 for $99.99) with that- but some folks would not be able to afford that ... But Ferral's proposal above also seems reasonable too ... 8)

The post was edited 1 time, last by gusv: show benefit (360,000 gold) of 99.99 package ().

• New

Thx guys for your support, but I've meant even smth more simple than to implement totally new way of earning money for creators )). There are some functions in game that are way out of balance:

"Sabotage" - deliberately destroy, damage, or obstruct (something), especially for political or military advantage. Usually done by a highly skilled/trained unit , which first of all plan the attack, collect the data about the facility it should sabotage, and only then will be proceed with sneaking in and exploding some engine or destroying some valuable parts of mechanism or papers, but it is definitely not a complete demolition of the whole city in a matter of seconds because the command saw plane attack. Why not to make than ships fly and use them as in-land flying artillery. Maybe it just sounds ridiculously and makes no sense what so ever but at least it is physically possible, not like we see planes and with flip of a finger enemy cities are ground 0 and all planes have become jeeps with 75% hp.Moreover, there are always built emergency airfields, and even if they are destroyed planes can be landed on a usual highway or a plane field without any sort of damage, and they can be manually refueled and damn they gonna first carry on the command and then return and not just puff... "you are jeep on island surrounded by subs and bombed to hell with rockets - have fun, ah we forgot to tell ya- you can't produce any more reinforcement, even train militia because we've just received a check with 100$". That is way out of balance function which either should be removed or better implemented. Same as disrupt economy and increase the morale. You can't increase the morale of ppl who r being bombed to hell and have nothing to eat by giving them money. As I said flying ships make more sense than these functions.
      And instead of adding some strange things which physically cannot exist there still space for rocket artillery, more advanced industry mechanics, logistics (trains), different type of infantry., better scout system and tons and tons more if you willing to dig deep.

Hope that will more clarify the topic.
      Thanks once more for all your support.
      With best regards,
      blood4evil
    • New

sonosublime wrote:

A daily limit on gold use, and also some non-gold maps (that you have to pay or use gold to enter) are great ideas.

This is a good game, which has been ruined for people who don't spend hundreds of dollars on it every day.
      I especially agree with this because gold usage should be restricted but not forbidden.
      Ryan
      EN Forum Member
      Call of War Corporal
      Forum Second Lieutenant
      Training Alliance Leader
    • New

Can't they just make maps with entry fees? It's not that hard.
      I will gladly pay to play this game, but now a absolutely great game is being spoiler.
      I must say that I've had enough. I'm looking for other games at the moment...

An example:
      Entry fee : 5000 gold
      Potentially 500.000 gold income for one game.
      30-40.000 payout to winners.
      A whopping net total of 460.000 gold for ONE game.
      I seriously doubt that bytro makes that kind of gold on a regular 100 map.......

And as a side result, bytro gets by far the greatest game ever.

they are killing their best product right now....