A Epic Strategy to bring down a player or AI country

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Epic Strategy to bring down a player or AI country

What it is:
      This is a great way to bring down a rival country from inside without commandos, paratroopers or spies.
      The biggest catch is that country needs to have Right of way, and often will make this tactic unusable, but I still will tell you this because you can do this if you somehow can get right of way with a player or AI. because the tactic is to build up your units behind enemy lines and suddenly declare war when they least expect it, causing total chaos behind their lines. This tactic can work well with a small country, sometimes you can just annex the whole thing quickly. It may also decrease the province's morale if your armies are there, but I'm not sure. An added benefit is that you won't have to break through front line defenses as you would in most wars. Also, you can reveal the rival armies in that province. I hope you can use this tactic sometime.
      Also, feel free to comment about this.
    • That is actually a pretty good idea but I think it is too aggressive to other players. I do not think you should do it with your actual players because they will eventually know what you are doing. Like who builds units outside of their country? They only have it nowadays (U.S. having military base in other countries) Also, this is not really friendly and not showing "sportsmanship" (However you call it for games)
      Ryan
      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum Lieutenant General
      Training Alliance Leader
    • KrestelGaming wrote:

That kind of reminds of those chess strategies which only work if your opponent is blind, dead or doesn't exist
      Unless your target is an AI player, they would definitely realise you're up to something bad
      LOL ... Not to mention that your popularity rating will suffer as a result of been an unethical bad boy, whatever that is worth ... :)
    • awesome-12 wrote:

AI can't get suspicious.
      In fact, that A.I. does get suspicious when you start attacking the people you allegedly made friends with. They'll impose an embargo, then they'll declare war.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance
    • @All: Come on guys. Awesome-12 has 5 games under his belt. You can't treat him as if he should be in the know already.

@Awesome-12: it is good to see that you are willing to be creative and even share your ideas.
      However, your idea has a few flaws.
      It will definitely work with smaller AI countries, but with bigger ones, you will still need to fight its armies.
      Further, AI does not really defend borders, like most of the silly humans do, but normally spreads its troops around, so you might find your expeditionary forces cut off, encircled and even outnumbered by an AI enemy who never sleeps.

Doing this/trying to do this with a human player who granted you access and trusted you not to abuse this, is called back-stabbing... a nasty word for a indeed rather treacherous and hideous act of treason.
      It is not looked upon favorably by other humans.
      And even AI gets quite negatively impressed with you for doing such things, resulting in Trade Embargoes or even Declarations of War.
      Besides that, any human player not noticing your troop build-up inside his country, would be quite a useless player. Though many players are exactly that, most however, possess the capability to spot your intentions, so you would not easily get away with it.

So, though this may not be the Epic Idea you were hoping for, feel free to think freely and come up with the next one ;)
      Being more creative than your opponents is half the win.
    • Oh I use this strategy all the time
      Thank you for reading the post. Have a great day!
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Boozo

Azz3kiev

Frontline Pioneer
      Bytro Labs | EN Server

Call of War Player

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • I use it to betray my allies
      Boozo

Azz3kiev

Frontline Pioneer
      Bytro Labs | EN Server

Call of War Player

• Boozo wrote:

I use it to betray my allies
      Yes, I gathered that alreay. Did you miss the point of my last post?
      Your player statistics are horrible ... despite your 'brilliant' betrayal strategy and using a lot of gold.

Hence, they prove my point:

"Against human players it is also often used by otherwise really bad players
      who do not stand a chance otherwise,
      but also fail to realize that it only works against really bad players.
      I have never seen a back-stabber win a map on my maps."

Do you understand now what I said?
    • Boozo wrote:

Well I wouldn't want to become one after that post :P . Seriously though, backstabbing is the worst thing you can do to someone, and it's exactly why I don't like having allies in the first place.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance
    • Vamaw wrote:

Boozo wrote:

Well I wouldn't want to become one after that post :P . Seriously though, backstabbing is the worst thing you can do to someone, and it's exactly why I don't like having allies in the first place.
      Gotta earn trust! lol
      Ryan
      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Forum Lieutenant General
      Training Alliance Leader
    • Well this is what I mean by "back-stabbing allies."

If they start getting salty
      If they are going inactive
      If they are inactive
      If they are being toxic
      If your spies say they are planning to betray you
      Boozo

Azz3kiev

Frontline Pioneer
      Bytro Labs | EN Server

Call of War Player

• Boozo wrote:

Well this is what I mean by "back-stabbing allies."

If they start getting salty
      If they are going inactive
      If they are inactive
      If they are being toxic
      If your spies say they are planning to betray you
      Wouldn't they be suspicious if you go into their territory right before they are about to attack you?
      Ryan
      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Forum Lieutenant General
      Training Alliance Leader