Your Troop Compositions?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Your Troop Compositions?

What units do you use when you play the game? Here's mine

Early Game
      Ground Force: Infantry, Artillery and Light Tanks. I'm not a big fan of Mot. Infantry even though a lot of people seem to use them
      Air Force: A few interceptors for air defence
      Navy: A few destroyers and maybe one cruiser

Mid-Game
      Ground Force: Infantry, Medium/Heavy Tanks and SPAA. Maybe one Railroadgun
      Air Force: Interceptors and Tactical Bombers (Naval Bombers if playing as Australia)
      Navy: Destroyers, Battleships and a few cruisers. Sometimes one Aircraft Carrier

End-Game:
      Hopefully Nukes
    • You can technically use Medium tank in the beginning or close beginning to the game. Medium Tanks are pretty good for crashing through enemy territory although it might be slow. I also use infantry but I use ones that go up to level 3 in the beginning of the game. Then you are producing Mot. Infantry, you need quite an amount of food which a lot of people are short of but I find it pretty powerful.

Mid-Game

If you already conquered a lot of province, I do not recommend you to use Infantry because it uses up food and your population already takes up food.

End-Game

You do not really need to use Nukes because it is not absolutely necessary. Of course using nukes are a way of symbolizing power to other nations. You should also try researching some other SECRET branch units like Rocket
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ground Force: Infantry, Artillery, AA, and Light Tanks.
      Air Force: Interceptors and Tac Bombers
      Navy: Battleships, cruisers, destroyers.
      Secret: RR Guns and Rockets

Have only played 11 games (7 in tutorial and 4 in 39 map). Have not seen anybody use nukes yet.
    • All of my games have been in the lower 22-25 player maps and typically my coalition games last under 35 days ... The 2 times I won solo, over 4 months go, was when either my coalition partners got crushed or went inactive in the tutorial board ... :(
    • gusv wrote:

All of my games have been in the lower 22-25 player maps and typically my coalition games last under 35 days ... The 2 times I won solo, over 4 months go, was when either my coalition partners got crushed or went inactive in the tutorial board ... :(
      Sometimes I disband the coalition and join with other members because they went inactive. It happens all the time...
      BeaveRyan

• Depends on what I'm focusing on a game, which also depends on my resources and starting position. A favorite of mine for dominating the seas is focus entirely on infantry, and then go ham on naval forces. In a game I did as the Philippines I held the Pacific against a coalition (3 players were fighting me, 2 others were in the Atlantic) that controlled all of the Americas because my navy was so far ahead.

Another strategy I've heard but haven't tried out much is focus huge on the airforce and have your ground units consist entirely of Light Tanks. Sounds good for the early game.
    • For me it depends on location.

Im fairly new but what I usually run is,
      Mixed stacks of light and medium tanks, tank destroyers, AA. (Light tanks used to breakaway from the main group when needed). Separate stacks with artillery and AA.
      air protection with fighters, bombardment with tac. Bombers.
      navy, destroyers, destroyers, destroyers with a couple cruisers and battleships. Carriers with fighters and naval bombers if the map insists I travel long distance over water.
      Save the goldfish! They need your help! Goldfish are trapped in small bowls all across the globe!
    • Early game: Artillery, LT, interceptors and submarines/destroyers
      Mid game: Commando's, SP artillery, Medium tank, Motorized infantry, Interceptors, Tactical bombers, Submarines/destroyer
      End game: Mechanized infantry and the above.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • The types of troops I use depend on the map and location, but generally: (22 player map)

Game start >>
      Land: Infantry, light tank and normal artillery;
      Naval: Destroyers, rarely submarines because I don't like them;
      Air: Tactical bombers as soon as possible.
      Middle of the game >>
      Land: Motorized Infantry, Commands, Medium and / or Heavy Tanks, Tank Destroyers and Artillery AP;
      Naval: Destroyers and Battleships;
      Air: Tactical and interceptors.

End of the Game >>
      Land: Mechanized Infantry, Heavy Tank, Commands, AP Artillery and perhaps Rail Guns;
      Naval: More Battleships than Destroyers and, if my laziness allows it, aircraft carriers at the highest level to carry tactical bombers;
      Air: The same as before.

Nuclear units require a lot of time for me to produce and so I rarely use them. And if there's an unfortunate rocket attacking me, I make Strategic Bombers to weaken his air bases.

So, I think that's it ...
    • Ground Force: Infantry, Artillery, AA, and Light Tanks.
      Secret: RR Guns, Commandoes (forgot to mention earlier), and Rockets

Have only played 11 games (7 in tutorial and 4 in 39 map). Have not seen anybody use nukes yet.
    • gusv wrote:

Ground Force: Infantry, Artillery, AA, and Light Tanks.
      Secret: RR Guns, Commandoes (forgot to mention earlier), and Rockets

Would be interesting though... You will enter the game by seeing a video of a nuclear explosion!
      BeaveRyan