Does Attacking Unpopular Nations Increase Your Popularity?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Does Attacking Unpopular Nations Increase Your Popularity?

I was in a game as Australia and my popularity was 68%. After clearing out the East Indies I attacked the inactive US colonies in the Pacific. My popularity suddenly jumped to 88%. Does attacking unpopular countries increase your popularity?
    • Yes it does. Global reputation is made up of the average reputation you have with other nations, so when you attack a nation that is largely disliked by the world your own reputation would go up because your enemies with the same nation as quite a bit of other nations which makes those nations like you more.
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Dante Bugler1 wrote:

Yes it does. Global reputation is made up of the average reputation you have with other nations, so when you attack a nation that is largely disliked by the world your own reputation would go up because your enemies with the same nation as quite a bit of other nations which makes those nations like you more.
      How can you tell wether a country is disliked or not
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Dante Bugler1 wrote:

Yes it does. Global reputation is made up of the average reputation you have with other nations, so when you attack a nation that is largely disliked by the world your own reputation would go up because your enemies with the same nation as quite a bit of other nations which makes those nations like you more.
      Some days there will be the "Most Dreaded Nations" article whoever is in that ranking has low or the lowest global reputation on the map currently.
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator
    • Dante Bugler1 wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Dante Bugler1 wrote:

Some days there will be the "Most Dreaded Nations" article whoever is in that ranking has low or the lowest global reputation on the map currently.
      I thought that was a good thing...It seems like it is showing power. But if you want to win, you will always make it up there.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Yea more times then not you will end up on the most dreaded nations however early game attacking those on there already is normally a good way to keep your global reputation pretty good, you can also change your relation status to right of way or shared maps with all AI nations that normally keeps it's up too.
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator