Dev Diary #1: Call of War 1.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tasmine wrote:

To know CoW 1.5 better. I decided to play Conflict of Nations. After enter the game, I was shocked. In fact, most of CoN beat CoW as well. Can understand why Bytro try to import the features to CoW. But CoW is Call of War, CoN is Conflict of Nations. They are designed for different purposes.

Why don't just absorb the benefits from CoN?

Conflict of Nation has better social function than CoW. When you enter the game, first you will see:

A connection with Discord. You may said we live in the era people read newspaper. It's OK. Then how about......

This "In Game" chat, as far I know, many players want it on eager.

Then the terrain grapic is better than CoW, even supermacy 1914 is better than CoW.

CoW has music and sound now. This is some of few benefits to beat other Bytro games. And CoW own better 2D model skin than others too.

CoN own more terrains and more kind of resources. And it doesn't have population upkeep. Upkeep is a special feature of CoW. If devs takes out all CoW features. How does CoW compare with other Bytro games?

Demolish building, this is the feature I suggested on the forum before. I did't know it's a key feature of CoN.

Special event, I very like this feature and I also suggested it long time ago. Did CoN devs view Call of War Steam forum before? I don't know. CoW didn't have any "too special" event. But CoN has!

The amount of CoN resource produce rate is pretty low. I'm still studying it balance or not. But after I start the game. Russia own more provinces and resource than me.
    I have played CON long enough , while you did not , and i can say cow is 100 times better ,strategy wise , then CON.. here an experienced player can counter a golder ( cuz an experienced player saves gold from wins and in CON the rewards sucks very hard ) meanwhile in CON a golder is just unstopable and plus in con there is so much unbalance from country to country ( example russia starts with 10 city and 3x more resources then 80% of other countrys meanwhile a third world country starts with 5 or 6 citys and 1/3 of what russia resources has ) which is not anywhere comparable of the balance cow has.. CON can only dream such balance. even among units there are so many unbalanced issue that you have no clue and im not willing to explain here because its just a waste of my time.
    in the end of the day you should not talk about another game after your first match because dude you really know nothing of what you saying.
    The only good thing from CON is that they have 4x daily basis maps.. which is something id like to see here too and maybe devs are going in that direction.

The post was edited 1 time, last by C88 ().

• Hiho @Tasmine, I must say I found this an interesting read :) . There is one key difference to CoW and CoN albeit Bytro are involved in CoN to some extent they are not the ones involved in final game decisions as it is operated by a sister company of bytro who just helped publish it (if that makes sense)

The social feature I agree is nice on CoN it could work here and who knows it may be here in some form be it official or volunteer team run :P if it was volunteer run be interesting to see if it would have support from the community. But here we have a very active chat box (unlike CoN) and our forum is very active (again CoNs is not as active) as most of the base is using discord I guess :P

In game chat = CoN has it as we had it, in the past we had the ingame chat option (CoN got it as it was built off of CoW in away so a old CoW feature :P ), we removed it due to some players using it to create a toxic atmosphere in rounds .

I like the sound and have wanted here for a while, in the future I hope to see a demolish buildings option added on CoW as it is handy when retreating and carrying out a scorched earth policy in games

All Bytro games are different in ways and folk enjoy each for different reasons, CoW in my opinion is one of the better games, New World Empires would be second due to the different mechanics such as upgrading non core to core and no ranged units, S1914 is a good game after it was remolded and TGW is just a better version of S1914

CoW often has Event rounds like the Antarctica map, doomsday, speed rounds, different scenarios that are often in rotation, none that really matched the Cyber Black or World War Z in CoN wit the Cyber Black map being beautiful to play due to its darkness (black out effect) but who knows as CoW continues to grow the devs might be working on something for the new year

Resources are tricky CoN is very low on resource production and build/mobilization times are quite long. It is one little flaw but the reason is fiar and simple YOU WANT IT YOU GO AND TAKE IT! - victory is not handed on a silver platter but taken by force CoW/S1914/TGW are moderate in resource production and fairly similar if I remember, the exception is New World Empires where resource production is one word AWESOME! :beer:

Your feedback was a nice read and I hope you continue to enjoy you CoW experience
    Chánfucius
    Community Support

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dr. Leipreachán ().