Call of War 1.5 - Urban Provinces & New Buildings

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AllStAr_ wrote:

yowith each building having their own production and research tab. does this mean you can research every unit of every type at same time or like now 2 researches at a time?

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

straw-hat wrote:

if at same time, is it possible to queu them??
    Thought they only need build time. I do not think they need research right?
    u only want to benefit yourself and not think about the game
    If you need to build a thing for 4 hours do you want that? Will it benefit you? I am trying to make the build time shorter as you can see. Please think about the pros and cons first.
    BeaveRyan
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
  • Ovelove wrote:

Whats CoN?

Been asking myself the same question. But I think it's another game of Bytro, unless someone wants to correct me.
    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance
  • Akiar wrote:

Urban provinces are the industrial hearts of all states and we feel this should be represented in Call of War as well. With Call of War 1.5 urban provinces will be the only places where units and their respective production buildings can be built. Additionally resources and victory points will be concentrated in urban provinces for the most part. This will drastically increase the strategic importance of these provinces.
    I understand the rationale for doing this. Urban centers normally have a high number of industry and commerce that produce a lots of goods, manpower, and income that contribute to the national wealth. However, I feel that some rural provinces should still produce basic raw materials (e.g. food, oil, metals, and rare materials) to reflect reality. Never seen any major wheat fields, oil rigs, or mines in the middle of any city ... 8)
  • gusv wrote:

I understand the rationale for doing this. Urban centers normally have a high number of industry and commerce that produce a lots of goods, manpower, and income that contribute to the national wealth. However, I feel that some rural provinces should still produce basic raw materials (e.g. food, oil, metals, and rare materials) to reflect reality. Never seen any major wheat fields, oil rigs, or mines in the middle of any city ... 8)
    I will quote @freezy here, as he gave a good response in a different thread already: "in terms of realism that is not really different in the current live version, where we also have resource production in cities. If it helps you, then please imagine this not as the resources being produced there, but being processed and distributed there. Call of War does not have a completely realistic economics simulation and stuff like that is simplified for a reason, to make it work for balancing and gameplay."
  • freezy wrote:

But we also took inspiration from our other games, like Supremacy 1, and also have changes lined up exclusively to CoW. Some more stuff will be presented in the next news tomorrow.
    S1 is still mostly an arcade game - rarely more than one live player on a map.
    But S1 has perhaps the greatest improvement of any in this series:
    There is no espionage menu!
    And some (not all) of the gold options have confirmation pop ups.

Hopefull CoW will adapt those features of S1.
  • Currently when you research a new level of a unit, all existing units are automatically upgraded. However, if you tie unit level with building level then do existing units stay at their current level even though you've researched a higher level? And if this is true, then does that mean I have to create new units each time I upgrade my research and buildings?
  • they do all step by step, also tommorrow we get probably only buildings and new map ressources / city distribution. But probably most part of old, common CoW battle engine, also old good SBDE hocus pocus.

But new units stats, (HP growth by level up is announced (one of basic CoN mechanics))

I wait also test run number two and three, when we get airforce patrol mechanics from CoN and say good bye to almoast immortal patrols and decimate swarming use (not vanish, swarming is still possible in CoN, but with restrictions)
  • For a 22 player game with 5 urban centers that makes for 110 main targets with each one being a separate resource you could go to focus on the oil industry and cripple the airforce and mech armies.

I wonder if this is too concentrated. By having scattered resources it allows for a build up of production locations so you could have more places to respond to an economic loss.

If the combat system remains basically the same, it may mean a major decrease in tanks and an increase in artillery and range attacks since the negatives in urban areas for tanks is especially high.

Infrastructure no longer increases production, so I would suspect that it will be very rarely used at first unless there is a much more significant movement bonus.
  • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

But will this make Call of War more complicated and hard to produce units fast?
    No, Ryan, it will make it much simpler, like Supremacy 1, and therewith hardly worth to play it, if it remains that way.

What made CoW interesting to play was the complicated nature, which allowed for a variety of play-styles, don't you agree? This is all gone now, if it is going to be like S1.

So far I could not be bothered to start a new game in S1, because the Great War map (what CoW bascially is going to be like) was extremely boring. So boring that I forgot to log in and did not win due to the timer, even though I had everything set up for the last kill move, had the by-far biggest army, economy and empire.

But I still have to try out the Veteran's Front map in S1, which might have an interesting concept (I hope). I hope I can muster the will power to do that ... someday

Maybe, just maybe, there is hope that this new, severely dumbed-down, gaming concept will develop further and allow for varied gameplay in the future.
    If not, CoW is simply over for strategy lovers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by _Pontus_ ().