Call of War 1.5 - Urban Provinces & New Buildings

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ok having played 1.5 for a shirt time these are my first thoughts.

I like the new buildings.

I do NOT like the new costs, it feels like you have made all of the resources the same. Every unit takes some of everything to be built. Resource homogeny is not a good idea in my mind; rare is no longer rare, oil is no longer oil - they might as well be resource X and Y.

Effectively players could have only 1 resource that being equal to their lowest resource available. An argument could be made that the market would be used to adjust peoples resource, but it is hard to see that working in the play test as the countries all have the same production. If a country had a low production of resource X then it would be hard pressed if it could not find more of that resource to purchase.
  • edfactor wrote:

Rrred wrote:

freezy wrote:

Plus, we are planning to implement functionality to upgrade your units on the map manually, in future versions.
    Do you mean gold @freezy?
    LOL that is funny, I like jokes. It is a joke right?
    Which bring us right back to the question: WHY? Why all this?

Innovation for the innovation?
    Player retention?
    Or .... ?
  • _Pontus_ wrote:

edfactor wrote:

Rrred wrote:

freezy wrote:

Plus, we are planning to implement functionality to upgrade your units on the map manually, in future versions.
    LOL that is funny, I like jokes. It is a joke right?
    Which bring us right back to the question: WHY? Why all this?
    Innovation for the innovation?
    Player retention?
    Or .... ?
    The answer I got was: "The game became a bit stagnant while the market is changing. Changes need to be made to ensure a continuous growth path and support for years to come."
  • Rrred wrote:

freezy wrote:

Nope, not with gold. Just resources and time.

edfactor wrote:

Ok having played 1.5 for a shirt time these are my first thoughts.

I like the new buildings.

I do NOT like the new costs, it feels like you have made all of the resources the same. Every unit takes some of everything to be built. Resource homogeny is not a good idea in my mind; rare is no longer rare, oil is no longer oil - they might as well be resource X and Y.

Effectively players could have only 1 resource that being equal to their lowest resource available. An argument could be made that the market would be used to adjust peoples resource, but it is hard to see that working in the play test as the countries all have the same production. If a country had a low production of resource X then it would be hard pressed if it could not find more of that resource to purchase.
    Thanks for playing and giving feedback. Although units need every resource, they need much more of a certain resource than others. In regard of their main resource needs the units are still very diversified.
    It is likely that not all players will go for allunits, resulting in them not needing all of their resources. This gives the opportunity for selling and buying on the market between players using different strategies.
  • i really like the update, but i think that you should be able to produce units that you have researched higher version of in places were you can build the higher version, for example you need a level 1 tank plant to build a level one light tank, if you research a level two light tank and then build a level two tank plant (that which is needed for level 2 tank), you can't build a level one tank, which would be useful if you were stripped for cash and couldn't afford the level two but could level one and need the tank now, it would be useful and more realistic to be able to build anything you have researched even if it is outdated
  • Bobvictorous wrote:

i really like the update, but i think that you should be able to produce units that you have researched higher version of in places were you can build the higher version, for example you need a level 1 tank plant to build a level one light tank, if you research a level two light tank and then build a level two tank plant (that which is needed for level 2 tank), you can't build a level one tank, which would be useful if you were stripped for cash and couldn't afford the level two but could level one and need the tank now, it would be useful and more realistic to be able to build anything you have researched even if it is outdated
    This is a good idea, but it will make it too complicated.
    BeaveRyan
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
  • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Bobvictorous wrote:

i really like the update, but i think that you should be able to produce units that you have researched higher version of in places were you can build the higher version, for example you need a level 1 tank plant to build a level one light tank, if you research a level two light tank and then build a level two tank plant (that which is needed for level 2 tank), you can't build a level one tank, which would be useful if you were stripped for cash and couldn't afford the level two but could level one and need the tank now, it would be useful and more realistic to be able to build anything you have researched even if it is outdated
    This is a good idea, but it will make it too complicated.
    Thanks Ryan... I think... Uhhhh... maybe... :tumbleweed:
  • Rrred wrote:

The answer I got was: "The game became a bit stagnant while the market is changing. Changes need to be made to ensure a continuous growth path and support for years to come."
    Is that as 'plat' as a 'platitude' can get?

Love the contradiction though: game became a bit stagnant, thus we go for a complete change into something completely different in all aspects of the game....but we will keep the graphics, so you won't notice it.

I just miss the 'disclaimer' at the bottom, as they come with press releases of public companies. Long texts, but basically saying: all you read above may well be a lie.

I advice everybody who is really, really worried about the new course taken, to carefully read CzarHellios post on page 16 of Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing (<<--click the link to jump there) in which he clarifies it is indeed over for CoW as we knew it.

Pokemon-CoW 1.5 is here to stay and the end of CoW apparently unavoidable.

The post was edited 3 times, last by _Pontus_ ().

• DxC wrote:

_Pontus_ wrote:

Pokemon-CoW 1.5 is here to stay and the end of CoW apparently unavoidable.
    Then why do you persist in spamming the forum with your vitriol? At some level you seem to actually give a damn, but that is so overshadowed by your pompous grandiosity that one is left with the impression it's more about you than anything else.
    The word should have been 'persisted' if you had read my post carefully.

Anyways...it was not about me... It was about foreseeing the unnecessary mutilation of a great game and its replacement with a Kids-Game for Mobile.
    It was about the shimmer of hope that riling up and rallying people might have some effect on Bytro.

But that hope is practically in vain and Czar's post virtually ended it.

So, if you think that anything else than 'vitriol' is in place, be my guest, though I doubt that, because - if I am not wrongly remembering the name - you were behind a number of detailed analysis' and XLS', detailing how to better understand and play S1914 and the real CoW.

And the fact that I took the trouble to over-and-over-and-again try and hammer it in, while so many old players (who must be seeing what is coming too) just shut-up, does not make for pompous or grandiosity: it makes for genuine frustration, fear and anger about the murder of CoW....
    (but for sure also for a pretty much justified deep loathing for those 'blessed' individuals who never grasped the game nor really tried to nor ever attained a victory by other means than being the last active player, but do think that they are entitled to comment and when doing so, support the execution of the real CoW and even help to pull the trigger)

But I think I can let it rest now. As Czar indicates, the verdict has not been spoken yet, but it is already printed.
    CoW will soon be gone; welcome Kids-game-for-mobile.

Rest in Peace, beloved CoW. I will miss you.

The post was edited 3 times, last by _Pontus_ ().

• For the most part I agree with the update and it improves the game. However, to restrict the building option to only industrial centers makes this game basically the same as CON. Personally, I prefer COW because I have more options where and when I build things.

Also, overtime industrial centers expand out to other areas and in many ways industry=where the people are going. You dont want to have to pay a hundred dollars for a box of screws because the nearest factory is 300 miles away. as such, a new factory will pop up closer to produce these goods. For example, New Mexico grew during the manhatten project as all those scientists and their families moved in to work on the weapon. This also meant more industry, carpenters to build their housing, stores to feed them, etc.

Please for the love of god, do not restrict buildings and units to being built only in industrial centers aka cities.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Forgotten_Marshal ().

• I never play v1.5 version. But for the part of division of buildings. I want to say something. It's actually a good idea. But some of secret lab units should belong to barrack, navel base, airport. Lab is the place to develop techs. Not produce.

Urban area consist 75% all kind of resources. It's very strange for the realistic part. Urban can produce food and oil?

If devs try to add tactic faction to building. I suggest you guys play Easytech games. They will give you some inspiration.

Maybe give infantry and militia the ability of build entrenchment, tunnel and anti-airborne fence? Since they are pretty useless if you have motorize units.
  • PrussianKingWilhelm wrote:

Is this 1.5 update still gonna happen officially? with all those new mechanics?
    Currently the 1.5 features and new mechanics are only present in the specific event games marked 1.5, and are not integrated into the mainstream games at the present time.

The next 1.5 event will start on February 28, 2020.

Regular games without the 1.5 features will also run at the same time.

There will likely be several more rounds of this event type testing before any significant changes are made to the mainstream games.
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW ().