My Opinion on CoW 1.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My Opinion on CoW 1.5

tbh I have mixed opinions about this new update which will be released. There are certain parts of the update which I like and parts which I don't like

What I like:

1. The new battle times
    I like how now a battle takes place every 30 min rather than once an hour. I like this because I don't really like waiting an entire hour for me to take down one single militia

2. The fact that you can no longer produce troops in the countryside
    I think this was intended so that there is more purpose to defending cities other than to prevent the enemy from simply taking your ICs

3. Research Costs
    Now you no longer need Rare Materials or Food to research and just Manpower and Money, which I personally really like

What I don't like:

1. The severe nerfs to Infrastructure
    Infrastructure's ability to produce armored vehicles was removed and replaced with Ordance and Tank Factories. That's fair, but what I really don't like is that Infrastructure no longer produces additional resources. I feel like Bytro was trying to turn Infrastructure into a situational building for boosting morale, but it's by no means as good as it was before

2. The new buildings
    What sucks is that you don't even start with ICs so you can't even start producing units on the first day. I guess that's fair, but now you have to build different buildings if you want to make artillery and tanks

3. No more troop upgrades to current research levels
    Now if you, say upgrade Infantry to lvl 3, all lvl 2 Infantry in service won't automatically be upgraded to lvl 3 anymore, which is kind of a bummer because that's one thing I really enjoyed about the game

Conclusion:
    Overall, there's so many both positive and negative changes to the game that I don't really lean to one side more than the other. I hope 1.5 will change CoW for the better, and not for the worse
  • I think exactly the same ... In fact, I think the Bytro developers forgot, that in World War II, pan factories were used to make artillery, and car factories to make tanks and airplanes ... In short , a tank factory is not necessary to make tanks, this would be a more logical change for the Conflict of nations, but not for the CoW.

Infrastructure has always improved the production of resources, from Surpemacy 1914 to the Conflict of Nations, I believe that the buildings are perfect as they are, to make changes in this regard is to fix something that is not broken.

I would instead make a different suggestion ... instead of complicating the game with tank factories and reducing the usefulness of the infrastructure, I would place 2 new buildings, the radar station to detect airplanes, and field hospitals to cure the troops enemy enemy, even in a small percentage.
  • Well the problem is not JUST the buildings . Units have become unbalanced too.

1) Light tanks and any tank for that matter has got a bit of a nerf according to me . Not because its stats have been fiddled with, but because the other units available at cheaper costs have been buffed . Infantry has got a huge defensive buff, so this means a light tank brigade with one unit of tanks cannot destroy one infantry unit while doing an offensive maneuver. this is very unrealistic .

2) Artillery has received a huge boost as ar as its attacking power is concerned, but I fear it has become too OP now . Please correct me if I am wrong, but artillery was not OP anymore in WW2 because of different style of warfare . I suggest attacking of Artillery should be 4 and not *10* .

3) And then, please nerf infantry . Infantry should also be kept as a offensive unit and not a defensive unit .
    For putting things into perspective, about how OP infantry really is, consider this .
    Infantry can defeat a light tank, armored car, and also a Motorised infantry of the same level while defending.
    This is completely unrealistic .

Also, the fact that now there are more buildings to be made and to be upgraded, I feel the provinces should get a sort of a adequate resource boost .

Also, producing different buildings for different units is a bit too confusing, at least to me . I think the Industrial Complex should be brought back .

Also, in research menu they should have a rare material fee for the research of the Nuclear units .

So to sum it all up, my point is, either make tanks and other units better, or nerf infantry ASAP. The current system heavily supports defending nations, while puts attacking nations at a major disadvantage .
  • NoodleBurger wrote:

3) And then, please nerf infantry . Infantry should also be kept as a offensive unit and not a defensive unit .
    For putting things into perspective, about how OP infantry really is, consider this .
    Infantry can defeat a light tank, armored car, and also a Motorised infantry of the same level while defending.
    This is completely unrealistic .
    You are totally wrong. at this point.

True is version 1.5 is bad idea, but single good point that infantry should be most frequented unit on battlefield, and the case, that infantry was defensive unit and attacker was forced have 3 to 1 overpower to kill defencive infantry order...

The best peace of update you missinterpretated completly.

NoodleBurger wrote:

2) Artillery has received a huge boost as ar as its attacking power is concerned, but I fear it has become too OP now . Please correct me if I am wrong, but artillery was not OP anymore in WW2 because of different style of warfare . I suggest attacking of Artillery should be 4 and not *10* .
    again wrong, lvl 1 artillery has attacking value 4, lvl 2 has attacking value 10, but since other units lvl 2 have double HP's than lvl 1, it is fair stats.

Not artillery get OP, but antitank cannons....

You are so wrong.... exept one thing, version 1.5 is a huge mistake....
  • Actually, I agree to give the infantry a force bost, since the best use we gave to the infantry was defensive while the artillery fired from behind, because attacking with 4 infantry, a city that defends with 2 anti-aircraft, surely you lose 2 or 3 infantry before taking the city.

It is true that in World War II, artillery did not have the important role that it did in World War I, however, everything depended on the type of doctrine of each army, and the enemy, for example, the Soviet Union used the artillery massively during most of the war, and in fact, what the bombers of the Alaids did not destroy in Berlin, the Soviet artillery did.

The point is that artillery gains importance in the face of a slow enemy army, while losing importance in the face of a fast and flexible enemy army.

I agree that the infantry defense values against tanks is ridiculous, but it is even worse, if you look at it well, the infantry has attack power against light armor +3, and the light tanks have defense power against infantry + 2 ... it makes no sense, and we are talking about level 1, but what does the image of the American level 1 infantry say? "Infantry of type 1932", if we are going to be correct, this game starts between 1930 and 1932, and until what I know, at this time, the use of bazooka and other anti-tank weapons was not widespread ... Why a Infantry has better attack than the defense of a light tank?

there is another thing that is unpleasant, the tanks and anus suffer a penalty of strength in mountains and urban provinces ... that is, what? is seriously?

Finally, all urban provinces with double resources of EVERYTHING? boring, that is, where is the strategy? at this point, everyone will start the same, everyone will have the same advantage and disadvantage ... My God, this is like those third world countries where you do not reprove in the institute because "we are all equal" xD

The post was edited 1 time, last by monicaida ().