Rare Material Usage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rare Material Usage

I have a question regarding rare materials. Does this resource get used over time to produce / research things. I ask this as im currently sat at +80/h where i was nowhere near that before.

My understanding of it was, that I would use a set amount of the rare material to build / start research out of my stockpile, and my daily limit was not effected. If someone can clarify this for me. Thank You,.
    • Hello
      Assuming your still on 1.0 of the game then then only times you lose some hourly rares is by actually losing a rare materials province or by making nuclear ships.

If your on 1.5 then that's different most units cost rare materials to make and have some rares a upkeep for example a level 1 light tank has a upkeep of 10 rares a day
      Dante Bugler1
      Game Operator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • The increase in rare materials per hour doesn't even begin to compensate for all the added cost of rare materials. It seem's like we need 10x the amount of rare materials to do upgrades and build units and upkeep for the units. But you have only increased the amount of rare materials we get by 1x. This is ruining the game not improving it. And we only get 1 province that produces rare materials, and even if we max out all the upgrades for that 1 province we don't even come close to producing the rare materials needed to support your buildings and unit upgrades. What in the world were the developers thinking when they came up with this system? And god forbid someone opposoing force takes the one province you have that does produce rare materials. It will render your entire country and army useless. If this change stays permanent I won't be playing much COW. Your just going to get 5 days into a scenario and someone will take your one province that produces rare materials, and then quit playing because you cant produce any units. I can't even believe someone thought this would be a good idea. Disgusted with COW 1.5!
    • Northernking11 wrote:

The increase in rare materials per hour doesn't even begin to compensate for all the added cost of rare materials. It seem's like we need 10x the amount of rare materials to do upgrades and build units and upkeep for the units. But you have only increased the amount of rare materials we get by 1x. This is ruining the game not improving it. And we only get 1 province that produces rare materials, and even if we max out all the upgrades for that 1 province we don't even come close to producing the rare materials needed to support your buildings and unit upgrades. What in the world were the developers thinking when they came up with this system? And god forbid someone opposoing force takes the one province you have that does produce rare materials. It will render your entire country and army useless. If this change stays permanent I won't be playing much COW. Your just going to get 5 days into a scenario and someone will take your one province that produces rare materials, and then quit playing because you cant produce any units. I can't even believe someone thought this would be a good idea. Disgusted with COW 1.5!

Northernking11 wrote:

The increase in rare materials per hour doesn't even begin to compensate for all the added cost of rare materials. It seem's like we need 10x the amount of rare materials to do upgrades and build units and upkeep for the units. But you have only increased the amount of rare materials we get by 1x. This is ruining the game not improving it. And we only get 1 province that produces rare materials, and even if we max out all the upgrades for that 1 province we don't even come close to producing the rare materials needed to support your buildings and unit upgrades. What in the world were the developers thinking when they came up with this system? And god forbid someone opposoing force takes the one province you have that does produce rare materials. It will render your entire country and army useless. If this change stays permanent I won't be playing much COW. Your just going to get 5 days into a scenario and someone will take your one province that produces rare materials, and then quit playing because you cant produce any units. I can't even believe someone thought this would be a good idea. Disgusted with COW 1.5!
      It really depends on what country you’re playing. I’m playing a game as New Zealand in 1.5 and I’m having a metal shortage...cause of my huge navy.
    • The resources are balanced so that there should be shortages of some things. Limitless resources and manpower removes all the strategy from the game and it will be nothing more than who can click the fastest. There are many simple shoot-em-up games that fit that mold already.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • We will lower the manpower costs of higher unit levels.
      But in general, if you have too few manpower you should focus on building Local industry in your rural provinces, to increase manpower production and reduce your excessive resources. The game is balanced for player producting units, researches and buildings at the same time.

Regarding all other resources the game is also balanced to consume resources evenly if the player focuses on mixing different units. If you are low on a certain resource you should consider also building units which require other resources.