Feature Feedback: Sound, Unit graphics, map colors, AI adjustments, daychange

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Steve_The_Tyke wrote:

Graphics.
    I use Enhanced graphics on a Laptop. I love the sharp images and the way you now zoom and pan. Awesome. However when playing a Beta version of the CoW Classic 22 Map, I was Spain and found as I zoomed out for an Overview and tried to plot when to position Units, the roads are not visible or discernable from any great heaight - as they are on the normal EG Map. With plots being more transparent and roads being almost invisible, I was having to zoom in close to check the route and then pan back out to see the overview whilst trying to consider what all the other units were doing. Can we widen the roads by a couple of points - I don't need to see them from space but a decent overview at cloud height would be good. TY.

Thanks for reporting. It is a known issue and on our list to be improved in the near future.

gusv wrote:

I like the sound and graphics so far ... By the way, what's the name of the instrumental melody? ... :thumbup:
    Well first of all we have multiple tracks so not knowing which you mean, but they don't have elaborate names anyway. Names like "planning" or "battle" or "home" or "Interlude".

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

gusv wrote:

I like the sound and graphics so far ... By the way, what's the name of the instrumental melody? ... :thumbup:
    Even though I am not frontline, but now that it is released to all. So I was saying that I do not like the mechanical tank moving sound. I think that the sound should combine a bit more "louder" sounds because after all, it is a tank and not a car. Also, maybe a few sound orders given in German, English or the language of the country you are playing. For example hearing the sound, " Attack/March " for Canada and the U.S.
    That would be a nice touch but also much more work and also more bandwith required. We decided to not include any spoken words in the sound so we don't have to localize it for so many languages.
  • thanks once again for developing the game.

the Day Change is a big improvement. I can now get intel that is relatively fresh and not 8 hours old.

am not so keen on the sound as it becomes a bit repetitive. The real value would be if we added unit or command acknowledgements.

For example clicking on construction generates a sound of general building work, hammers, saws etc. Clicking on a unit generates a sound or voice , giving a move command generates a voice message "on our way", "moving out" "let's roll" etc.
    firing artillery "Fire For Effect!!". That would generate a bit more engagement I feel. Obviously we need heavily accented voices "Let's go, schnell, schnell" "Comrades, for the Motherland" etc.

I have found the game to be more responsive to commands as well and overall the appearance has improved.
  • Sorry prefer music and battle sounds but actually play without headset or sounds. Language is fine but what if the FR spoke French, Polish spoke Polish, Germans speak German etc - and then with a worldwide game how many languages do you have to translate to? Whilst particular engines make different sounds, the sound of an engine is universally recognisable. So having confirmatory "Yes, Sir!", "Moving to that location", or whatever seems, to me at least, a nice to have but doesn't affect my enjoyment. I even used to turn the sound off on Atari games with the square ball and two bats/paddles cos I found it irritating - oops, showing my age. LOL. :)
  • @Captain Hurricane you probably would have, lol.

Can't recall which Game Developer mentioned it but believe there are over 20 Languages to translate to and phrases such as "Got your back" or 'Got you covered' aren't immediately obvious to translate. Remember from some NATO meetings, the UK & USA agreed not to use "Can we 'Table' this?" since UK put it on the Table to consider it yet USA take it off the Table! (UK would say 'Shelve it' meaning take it off table and put it on the shelf.
    As a Yorkshireman/Englishman I'm even learning Jockanese - since here in Scotland they say "There's a Chap at the door" but don't mean there's a man at the door but a Knock at the door - and can be a woman!
  • WayneBo wrote:

Captain Hurricane wrote:

the servers are English, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Russia, Turkish, Japanese, Czech and Dutch.
    The German server no longer exists?That is a drastic change, just to save a bit of rental costs for servers.
    lol. German game... They should have German Server
    BeaveRyan
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
  • Captain Hurricane wrote:

yes they do but in this case since the majority of Bytro staff are German it is not necessary to translate since they speak the language. I only mentioned the languages that are used and would require translation. BTW most of Europe also speaks English so no need to hire translators for that either.
    Not everyone can speak English
    BeaveRyan

• Captain Hurricane wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Not everyone can speak English
    what has this got to do with the number of languages that need to be translated by Bytro staff?
    Sorry, you changed the original language topic too! I meant this.

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Even though I am not frontline, but now that it is released to all. So I was saying that I do not like the mechanical tank moving sound. I think that the sound should combine a bit more "louder" sounds because after all, it is a tank and not a car. Also, maybe a few sound orders given in German, English or the language of the country you are playing. For example hearing the sound, " Attack/March " for Canada and the U.S.
    BeaveRyan

• Since one asked how the different tracks are named... We decided to give them some proper names and upload them to a Youtube playlist, so you can listen to them or use them in community projects :)

CoW Soundtrack playlist:
    youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCNAOWXfLfdyKBk9sEl8pUARIoueVH7Cq

There will also be a Supremacy (our other franchise) playlist coming soon, which has similar music just with some more WW1 flavour.
  • In mobile version beta game, I always see other player occupied province show the nation flag of mine when login the game for a short time. It seems that program loading all provinces flag as player's flag for the default value then load other nation flag?

The Sound tracks are really good works. Maybe devs can add some Asia style for Pacfic Conquer or other maps in the future.
  • Graphics - Submarines: I like how the subs blends in a little more with the ocean to make it more relistic. I do notice that at times they are a little "too hard" to see when they are "near" other units. They blend too much with other vessels making them really hard to see. Personally, I don't know if I do or don't like it, but just want to give the feedback so hopefully your aware of that (subs blending in with other units when the graphics overlap with other units).