Best Country For Each Continent?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have not played 100 player map for world.

But for 25-player 1939 map, here is my take:
      1) USA for North America.
      2) Brazil for South America.
      3) Japan for Asia.
      4) South Africa for Africa.
      5) Australia for Oceania.
      6) Europe ... That's a tough one ... Italy so far of the ones I played ... May change my mind in a few months ... :)
    • gusv wrote:

6) Europe ... That's a tough one ... Italy so far of the ones I played ... May change my mind in a few months ... :)
      In the games I've played, Italy hardly gets to do anything before they are annexed by more Northern European countries

In one of my current games, the top-scorer is playing as France, but normally France often attacked by Spain, UK and Germany

For Europe, I would say either UK or Germany, but I'll choose Germany over UK since I do more well as Germany than UK
    • I like communist Russia and Ukraine. Russia Empire is just too big and moving units throughout your country takes a day. it makes morale impossible and reinforcements hard to come on time.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • This may seem obvious, but if you can get a country that has a protected flank, its a big advantage. For example I recently won a coalition game coming out of Cuba. Nobody ever got close to my country in the entire war cause its isolated on all sides by water. Same situation in Egypt and other north African countries. In this case, you're even better protected because their is no entrance at all one one side.

On the other hand, I've had a couple of complete failures in games where I was an insignificant country surrounded on all sides by other countries. In these cases I was almost immediately attacked by one of the neighbors. Although successfully defend, and in both cases the attacker was eliminated. Unforunately by then I was so weak from that war it was impossible to defend anymore.
    • Balhog wrote:

This may seem obvious, but if you can get a country that has a protected flank, its a big advantage.
      Agree 100% with the above statement ... :thumbup:

I got lucky in my first game in the tutorial and also won with Egypt, despite a premature attack by another noobie in Libya (I think in that game were were all inexperienced noobies!) ... I also recall winning later on with Caucus and Sweden- countries also on a 'protected' side of the board ... When you are surrounded on multiple sides, you are more vulnerable to attack by a neighboring country.
    • I usually don't care about what country I play in, since everyone of them has it's advantages and dis-advantages. But there's always a favorite for me, so here's what I think are the best countries on the 100 player WaW map.

Africa: Libya, because of the oil, and because of it's position.
      Asia: I never usually play Asia, but I'd say Korea.
      Europe: Yugoslavia
      North America: There's this one country I consider the best, I think it's called Florida? (it's the southern united states in the 22p map). I honestly don't know much about North America, and there's just too much chaos up there.
      Oceania: Queensland
      South America: Sau Paulo
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance
    • Balhog wrote:

This may seem obvious, but if you can get a country that has a protected flank, its a big advantage. For example I recently won a coalition game coming out of Cuba. Nobody ever got close to my country in the entire war cause its isolated on all sides by water. Same situation in Egypt and other north African countries. In this case, you're even better protected because their is no entrance at all one one side.

On the other hand, I've had a couple of complete failures in games where I was an insignificant country surrounded on all sides by other countries. In these cases I was almost immediately attacked by one of the neighbors. Although successfully defend, and in both cases the attacker was eliminated. Unforunately by then I was so weak from that war it was impossible to defend anymore.
      It is weird... How about your resource production? Will they go very low because of the very little core province country?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • gusv wrote:

I have not played 100 player map for world.

But for 25-player 1939 map, here is my take:
      1) USA for North America.
      2) Brazil for South America.
      3) Japan for Asia.
      4) South Africa for Africa.
      5) Australia for Oceania.
      6) Europe ... That's a tough one ... Italy so far of the ones I played ... May change my mind in a few months ...
      Playing India in my current game. A good second choice to Japan in Asia? And lots of manpower available! ... 8)
    • On the 100p

• Aisa: I like Japan, I just find I usually do well with it. You have a small, but useful channel between you and main aisa to escape the chaos.
      • Europe: Europe isn’t a good continent in my opinion. However, if I had to choose, UK is good. It actually starts with an extra point compared to other countries.
      • Africa: My favourite continent. In the north, I like Ethiopia. Only 1 front, 2 neighbors bordering you. Small ocean access that’s pretty useful. In the South, I like Angola. Nice rare material production in that one too. Good starting position if you manage your diplomacy well.
      • South America: My second-favourite continent. I like Sao Palao and South Argentina. Both are nice.
      • North America: North America is pretty chaotic. I don’t usually pick a country here but South Mexico and Quebec are both decent.
      • Ocenia: Phillipines or New Zealand.
      • Russia: Volga Perm-Small country, 2 rare, 2 oil.
      On the 25p
      • Europe:Germany
      • Aisa:Japan
      • North America:USA
      • South America: Brazil
      • Africa: South Africa
      • Oceania: Australia
      I think these are all pretty obvious.
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE

The post was edited 2 times, last by Killer8282 ().